WOW FACTOR for teen girl

I am trying to decide between Riverside hotel on Los Olas or Embassy Suites on 17th street in Fort Lauderdale. The price is similar so that is a non issue. I am trying to determine which would make a more memorable experience for my 15 year old grandaughter. This would be for 2 nights pre cruise. She rarely has the opportunity to travel so we want this trip to be special for her.

Thanks

Marcia

I would take a look at one other hotel; Lago Mar Resort. It has a beautiful beach with some beach activities. The Embassy Suites is your typical Embassy Suites. I am not knocking that but just didn't want you to think it was anything different. I would go with the Riverside over Embassy Suites based on what you said but to take a look at Lago Mar.

Here's a like to their web site.

http://www.lagomar.com/

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree that the Lago Mar is a beautiful, elegant resort on the beach in a more neighborhood setting. ( opposed to Ft Lauderdale strip beach hotels).It is an easy walk along the beach to the channel where the ships come in/out and can be fun at 5pm ish to go down and see the ships sail. The Embassy Ste is located on a busy road, not to far to walk to the top of the bridge to see what ships are in. Many restaurants/stores etc around. Nothing special except you get breakfast and evening cocktails if that matters to you. Los Olas is an upscale street with many nice shops and restaurants. Would be nice to walk around in the evening or find a bench and an ice cream and people watch.

Archived