Specialty Dining Fee Increase

Hello, I just reserved specialty dining on the Allure 11-20-11 sailing, chops Grille has gone up from $25.00 to $30.00pp also, Giovaniis table from $15.00 to $20.00 pp, Samba Grill remains $25.00 pp

Yes the prices went up on June 1st -

Chops is now $30 pp

Dinner at Giovanni's Table is now $20 pp

Dinner at 150 Central Park is now $40 pp

Dinner at Dinner at Chef's Table is now $95 pp

Wow, that is a rip off. I consider food a part of a cruise and I kinda think about $20-$30 a person from our cruise fair already goes towards dinner (approximate value of dining in the MDR, which is otherwise "free"). Add these prices on to the $20-$30 already alloted for dinner from our cruise price and we are talking Chops at $60 per person! Don't get me wrong, I love Chops, but for $60pp, I can go to THE best steak restaurant in Southern CA and eat an incredible meal that I will never forget, which Chops is not.

$95 for Chef's table!?!?! Gotta be kidding me. :eek::eek::eek:

MDR for us all the way.

Wow, that is a rip off. I consider food a part of a cruise and I kinda think about $20-$30 a person from our cruise fair already goes towards dinner (approximate value of dining in the MDR, which is otherwise "free"). Add these prices on to the $20-$30 already alloted for dinner from our cruise price and we are talking Chops at $60 per person! Don't get me wrong, I love Chops, but for $60pp, I can go to THE best steak restaurant in Southern CA and eat an incredible meal that I will never forget, which Chops is not.

MDR for us all the way.

Chops is actually $30 per person, but I hear what you're saying! On the other hand, I must admit my husband and I treated ourselves to a meal at 150 Central Park on our June 5th cruise, and the experience was memorable. Nowhere in our big city (with it's hundreds of fine gourmet restaurants) could we have dined on such delicious, beautifully prepared food for that kind of price! :)

If I am going to pay extra for food on a cruise, it better be for something extraordinary... and 150 CP certainly was that!

MDR for us all the way.

Just off Oasis a couple weeks ago right after the price increase.....the specialties were full to capacity each evening and they were turning people away....so once again.....supply and demand....people are willing to pay it seems.

Hello, I just reserved specialty dining on the Allure 11-20-11 sailing, chops Grille has gone up from $25.00 to $30.00pp also, Giovaniis table from $15.00 to $20.00 pp, Samba Grill remains $25.00 pp

Hello Esquire,

We'll be on that same Thanksgiving cruise as you are.

Please join our Meet and Mingle group. There's a growing number of people sharing info before we sail.

Rick

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1216842&page=13

Yes the prices went up on June 1st -

Chops is now $30 pp

Dinner at Giovanni's Table is now $20 pp

Dinner at 150 Central Park is now $40 pp

Dinner at Dinner at Chef's Table is now $95 pp

We are going on the Allure Eastern Caribbean Cruise on July 10th. I booked specialty restaurants for 2 nights of our cruise. We are eating at the Chef's Table and Giovanni's. Booked and paid for these in mid May. I feel fortunate we made it under the wire without the price increase. Credit card has already been charged so I assume they will honor the price. Whew!

Just off Oasis a couple weeks ago right after the price increase.....the specialties were full to capacity each evening and they were turning people away....so once again.....supply and demand....people are willing to pay it seems.

Yes we are. ;)

I don't see what the big deal is. It's a choice. You don't want to pay then dine in the MDR. Not a rip off at all IMHO.

Yes we are. ;)

I don't see what the big deal is. It's a choice. You don't want to pay then dine in the MDR. Not a rip off at all IMHO.

I feel the same way. On our upcoming Allure cruise we have booked five nights at the speciality restaurants. We didn't book anything for Saturday night so that we could go back to the one we liked best.

I feel the same way. On our upcoming Allure cruise we have booked five nights at the speciality restaurants. We didn't book anything for Saturday night so that we could go back to the one we liked best.

Same here. We are on board next week and are booked six nights and three lunches at one of the specialty dining venues. For us the smaller dining venue makes lunch and dinner so much more enjoyable. We may grab lunch in the MDR on one of the sea days to try it out. I'm glad that RCI has given us a choice. :)

Remember...part of the fee in the speciality restaurants is the wait staff's tips! And these restaurants are options - if the fee is too high, then at least you have the option of going elsewhere.

We'll be going to Chef's Table on the Allure next month. It sounds similar to dinners with do with Chaine des Rotisseurs (a gourmet food/wine organization) and we pay $125 pp. I'm looking forward to comparing the experiences so I have no problem paying the $95 pp fee.

Marianne

Same here. We are on board next week and are booked six nights and three lunches at one of the specialty dining venues. For us the smaller dining venue makes lunch and dinner so much more enjoyable. We may grab lunch in the MDR on one of the sea days to try it out. I'm glad that RCI has given us a choice. :)

One of my favorites has become just hanging at Vintages and doing wine and tapas....the paella is EXCELLENT.

Even with the price increases we have also booked 5 of our nights in specialty (for fee) restaurants on our upcoming Allure cruise. We are debating on the other two nights. No doubt we'll end up eating lunch in a couple of the for fee restaurants as well. We also like having the choices.

Hi CC'ers,

We are on Allure 9/4 and booked:

1) Sun. - Giovanni, 2)Mon. - MDR(formal Night), 3) Teus. - Chef's table,

4) Wed - Rita's Fiesta w/drinks, 5) Thurs. - Chops,

6 ) Fri. - MDR(formal night) and 7) Sat. - 150 Central Pk.

Thought formal might be more fun in MDR ?? Opinions on that..??

The increases aren't too bad --- the ^ to $95 at Chef's might be a bit over ... but we are feeling ... what the hell ... it has got to add to the fun ... being at different venues and with smaller #s of people for a while ...

Anyone ranking them ...??

have a ball ... seems anyway u do it u got so many choices .. u gotta

have fun...

getting out SEAMO

Archived