Difference Between SE and SF (Dawn)?

yoyocruiser

I am currently booked on the Dawn in an SF (Aft facing suite with large balcony). However it is on Deck 8 and my understanding is that the balcony actually is NOT large.

Now the SE balcony looks to be huge from the deck plans. It also says the square footage is 483 (comparded to 365-375 for the SF).

I booked the SF on deck 8 because it was the LAST aft suite left and the next level (the SE) was couple of hundred more each.

Now I notice if I sail the next week the SE is available for the same price I pid for the SF. I don't really care which week I sail, and I'm not that into the aft facing (maybe I would be, I ahve jsut never done it and at the moment don't get the allure)

I have not paid in full yet, so I think I could change to the next week and move up to the SE. But I can't figure out if there are really any substantial differences in the two cabins. Is there any difference? The size of the SE sq footage is much bigger--but the picture and footprint on the web site look the same. I know the deck is figured in but would the deck itself really be over 100 square feet larger?

I think I am getting a little too detailed here--but it is confusing--and it cost a lot so I am really trying to make sure I make the correct decision.

Thank anyone for your help.If it matters, am sailing only with DH and are currently on the Sep 23rd sailing of Dawn. :)

Dawn aft balcony on 8 would be smaller - maybe 74 sq feet. The se balcony would be much larger so if balcony is important I would switch. I also think your cabin will be slightly larger.

The se balcony may have more wind while at sea if that matters.

Happy cruising!

The deck 10 actual balconies are deeper, especially the two that are closer to the center of the ship. I took pics of the rear of the Dawn last month. They are at the following, Notice how the lounge recliners are facing on the deck ten vs the deck 8 and 9 cabins.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/roganderson60/NCL%20Dawn%20Rear%20Cabins/

The cabins are pretty much identical. It's all in the balcony sizes really. The might be a *slight* difference in cabin size, but if so, it's not noticeable at all. Exception: I have never sailed in the deck 10 forward center suites on the Dawn, but if they are like the Jewel class, they have a larger cabin (a bump out in the window area) and smaller balcony - so they are definitely larger, but set up pretty much the same - larger sofa... Those are only the two in the center of the deck 10 forward suites.

Robin

Archived