Please help...Serenade of the Seas, Room 7514

PLEASE HELP!!! I am very worried now...can I even try changing my cabin? We have never had a balcony...only inside and ocea!n! view. I booked 7514 for our very special 25th anniversary cruise to be an upgrade...something different then we have ever had. Now I am seeking several problems...#1.) life boat views. #2) larger balcony = less privacy from neighboring cabin. I have already pd. in full for our november cruise, can I change cabins without having penalties???

Help!:confused:

Deep breaths!! You are fine. You are not over any lifeboats. The oceanview beside you won't see you at all. Every balcony has neighbours, and you just have one. People don't spend all day peering around the balcony divider, so don't worry about it. I'd be more worried about the Bridge on deck 9, myself. Depends on what you want to do on your balcony... :p

And there should be no problem changing your cabin if you don't like the location. Where do you want to go?

I think you will be just fine. We had 9500 and 9501 before and it was kind of cool. The guys on the bridge do not sit and look at your balcony all day. (Unless there is something interesting to look at of course :) ) We got to see Captain Karin several times in the hall and she asked how our vacation was going and how we liked the ship.

There is movement in the front of the ship. We had 4 to 6 foot seas a couple of nights and yes you could feel it. Trade off is it is very quite at the front of the ship and Serenade is small enough that walking is not a big deal. I would take that cabin again anytime.

If you want to splurge and change categories to a D2, there are several of the coveted aft balconies on deck 8 for that sailing. These are the ones with the really big balconies....room for two loungers and two regular chairs and the small table. We are hooked on the aft balconies. They are actually very private. No one is back at that part of the ship unless they belong there and the balconies are private unless you are standing at the very edge of the balcony. Just a thought....

Well I would change rooms. That room is right over the theatre and you may get noise from below. Looks like an E1 on deck 9 is available: 9030. There are several midship E2s available as well but you would have a view of the lifeboats when you look down there. And an D1 9590 on the hump is available. If you move to a room that's not in the same category as the room you originally booked, you will have to pay the difference in price between the two. If it were me, I'd probably pick the E2 or the D1. We like midship, definitely not forward so there's less motion felt. Hope that helps :)

You'll have a great view straight down into the water with no lifeboats at all. With no balcony forward of you, you don't have to worry about any cigarette smoke back draft which sometimes happens with balconies. You won't have a lot of foot traffic past your room. Unless you have a problem walking, that shouldn't be a problem. There's not a huge difference in motion anywhere on ships with stabilizers. If anything, the slight up and down, if there is any forward motion, feels nice to sleep to.

Unless you want to change prices by switching to a D category, I'd keep that room. I've looked down on the deck 7 forward balconies and rarely seen many people out at once. In fact, most of the time, no one seems to be out on their balconies. Or they are all out when I'm not. :p

Of course you can change to any other E3 without penalty. But I think you have a lovely, private location. Midship or aft is where your view will have some blockage in this category.

You all had some really great comments and ideas. But I am confused about this bridge thing??? How is it that they can see us on the balcony? I'm thinking we might want to get frisky on the balcony -- it is our anniversary after all...

Archived