Per paid tipping

Geordiebird

Hi i have pre paid my tips for my trip and i am trying to sort out my budget for the trip and i want to know is there and other tips i need to know about?

I will of course give extra tips to people who i believe have given me good service.

If you pre paid your ship tips the only other tips you might want to think about are tips for baggage handlers when you get to the ship, cab drivers and such. We have tipped the people who took us on excursions in ports.

I will of course give extra tips to people who i believe have given me good service.

I think I probably give out around $150-200 in extra tips on a 7 day cruise. But plenty of people just stick with the auto tip and are very satisfied, so you'll find numbers all around the chart.

I'd set a budget you were comfortable with and go with it. Of course, baggage handlers at the terminal, taxi drivers, and excursion guides are not included in the auto-tip.

Thank you all for your replys, i am getting very excited now.

I am not going to tell my son about the cruise till the morning we head to the port.

The Sensation was my families first cruise-- back in 2000. (my kids were 15, 17 and 19 , along with my 13 year old niece) it did a 7 day cruise back then- we were in an inside cabin--all 5 of us together.

It was the best- and here we are booked for number 15.

Could someone tell me how to pre-pay gratuities? I didn't see the option when I filled out the fun pass & I was thinking it was an option when boarding. Can I set it up earlier?

Thanks!

Could someone tell me how to pre-pay gratuities? I didn't see the option when I filled out the fun pass & I was thinking it was an option when boarding. Can I set it up earlier?

Thanks!

Just call your TA, PVP or Carnival (whoever you booked with) and let them know you want to prepay your tips and they will take your payment.

Thanks! I didn't book, it was one of the girls in our room, via the internet. Will the TA company still talk to me if I call? Hoping to put my charges on my own account...

They should talk to you since one of the tickets is in your name, if not, have your friend call them and tell them to talk to you.

Thanks! I didn't book, it was one of the girls in our room, via the internet. Will the TA company still talk to me if I call? Hoping to put my charges on my own account...

You should be able to do that with the Fun Pass- Your friend will not check the box that it is a shared account. You then can input your informtion

New one by me. Is that a different charge, I don't recall every seeing that on my bill.

Pre-Pay is paying your tips before you cruise like your deposit and cruise payments. You can also pre-pay for excursions by booking them online.

Auto-Tip is where your basic tips appear on your sail-n-sign bill.

Another tip that no one has mentioned is the Matre-D. There is no auto tip for him, but he is a litter higher in the org chart, somewhat considered management. They give you a little envelope for him. If I know what he looks like by the end of the cruise I may give him $5. If he has visited with our table or directly helped or entertained us, a little more.

Archived