Sapphire Princess #C752

bob123

Our TA recently booked this room for our Alaska cruise next year. Has anyone stayed in this room and if so, could you share your thoughts- size, view, noise, accessibility, etc? We've stayed in Princess suites in the past but never on this ship, and never in the back.

Thanks

bob123

You should immediately offer some form of sacrifice to the cruising gods!! Besides a full aft suite this is the BEST cabin to have for alaska -- you see both sides of the ship -- wonderful views. We have stayed in this cabin multiple times including alaska. Some people say they feel vibrations -- but we never have. It is a wonderful cabin -- long walk to everything -- but that is fine -- need the exercise with all that food!

You should immediately offer some form of sacrifice to the cruising gods!! Besides a full aft suite this is the BEST cabin to have for alaska -- you see both sides of the ship -- wonderful views. We have stayed in this cabin multiple times including alaska. Some people say they feel vibrations -- but we never have. It is a wonderful cabin -- long walk to everything -- but that is fine -- need the exercise with all that food!

Thanks so much. Did you experience any noise from the residents in the Royal Suite right above you?

bob123

We have also stayed in this cabin. Love it, love it, love it! The balcony is quite a bit larger than a standard balcony. We had 4 chairs and a table on the balcony. Cabin is standard balcony size. Very quiet outside the hallway as you have a private access hallway. We noticed some vibration mostly when the ship was docking. The view of the wake is wonderful. The balcony is very protected from wind and rain. We had this cabin in Alaska and had a great back and side view. We spent the entire day on the balcony when we were at Tracy Arm. We did not experience any noise at all from up above us. Enjoy the cabin! We have aft balconies booked for 2 more cruises.

We have also stayed in this cabin. Love it, love it, love it! The balcony is quite a bit larger than a standard balcony. We had 4 chairs and a table on the balcony. Cabin is standard balcony size. Very quiet outside the hallway as you have a private access hallway. We noticed some vibration mostly when the ship was docking. The view of the wake is wonderful. The balcony is very protected from wind and rain. We had this cabin in Alaska and had a great back and side view. We spent the entire day on the balcony when we were at Tracy Arm. We did not experience any noise at all from up above us. Enjoy the cabin! We have aft balconies booked for 2 more cruises.

I think this one is actually a PS Suite on the Sapphire :o

I think this one is actually a PS Suite on the Sapphire :o

That is correct nunoc2000. Princess had an error on their website when I booked it and it was designated a PH suite. My TA called Princess and convinced them to give it to me at the PH price, saving me some money.

We were in a PS suite on Island, C704. Is it similar?

bob123

Our TA recently booked this room for our Alaska cruise next year. Has anyone stayed in this room and if so, could you share your thoughts- size, view, noise, accessibility, etc? We've stayed in Princess suites in the past but never on this ship, and never in the back.

Thanks

bob123

It's a wonderful cabin. We had it when we sailed to Hawaii. So close to the aft pool (maybe not so helpful for Alaska) I love an aft cabin.

We often travel with friends or family and book adjacent cabins with connecting balconies, but we have never booked aft cabins. For those of you who have stayed in C752, I have some questions.

Is there a direct hallway between C752 and C757 or does one have to walk up to the elevator lobby, cross over and come back down?

Also, based on the deck plan, I assume that the balconies between these two cabins do not connect, correct? Do the balconies between C752 and C750 connect?

Jim

We were in C757 in April...the mirror to C752. The suite was Fantastic! The balcony was huge...and very private (with the exception of the camera trained on the handrail area...LOL) we never heard our neighbors on their balcony, and we could only see them if we were standing at the rail at the same time. The balcony furniture was teak and quite nice. The cabin steward would leave a rolled up towel on the chair cushions every morning. There were two sets of sliding glass doors (one in the living area, the other in the bedroom) There were new flatscreen televisions in the cabin (2)

Suites C757 and C752 are located at the very end of the corridor. There is no access to each other without going up the corridor to the stairwell, crossing over to the other corridor and heading aft. The door to the suite is located in a recess (a little tight to manuever with luggage in hand) but the "plus" to this is that you cant see into the suite from the corridor without going up to the door.

We could not hear the occupants of the cabins on either side of us, nor above or below us. There were no noises or smells from the exhaust vent one deck below the balcony.

All in all, a GREAT room and would book it again in a heartbeat. One tip....if you use the jacuzzi tub, run the jets before you get in (to clean them out) you never know what may come shooting out....and I speak from experience...LOL.

Nice timing to see this. We booked C750 this afternoon for an Alaskan cruise next Fall after a long debate about the merits of an aft cabin. We had a balcony on the starboard side on the Golden last month and loved the location, but, we're treating ourselves to a full suite because the costs in Sept are less. This thread is very reassuring!

Nice timing to see this. We booked C750 this afternoon for an Alaskan cruise next Fall after a long debate about the merits of an aft cabin. We had a balcony on the starboard side on the Golden last month and loved the location, but, we're treating ourselves to a full suite because the costs in Sept are less. This thread is very reassuring!

We might be neighbors. We are on Sapphire, July 21, 2012 out of Whittier.

bob123

We might be neighbors. We are on Sapphire, July 21, 2012 out of Whittier.

bob123

Sorry, we aren't neighbors. We not sailing until Sept 15. Suites are several hundred dollars less in Sept than in July, that's how we're affording the full suite.

• 1 year later...

Here are some pics of C757 on the Diamond; it's the same as C757 & C752 on the Sapphire. Those are our favorite cabins on the entire ship; the view & the covered balcony are like being on a private yacht. Enjoy! I have more if you'd like...just let me know.

iPB110140.jpg.9ef581b0125e3d28107d8ba71bfb6dbe.jpg

iPB110141.jpg.f00b7c6a83b57b52f7b9cea71b40cf5f.jpg

iPB110143.jpg.b238bc901bfefb6c5969e857e2be8543.jpg

iPB110138.jpg.d7e006e3169d43d846d5bea950997728.jpg

iPB110155.jpg.72621076d1ead2ffc85d0d72e4ebb69d.jpg

iPB110148.jpg.5fc3f347c53ba9abdfc7281e55ac2cb1.jpg

iPB110149.jpg.4255c193e75c82d2898a740b4b1c7baa.jpg

iPB110147.jpg.02b10c069914cde667951ae037c7bb5d.jpg

iPB110144.jpg.690abbc04193737e5dc2d657d09b5eaf.jpg

These pictures (obviously) do not show any of the upgrades & changes made to the Sapphire during its recent drydock, such as flat-screen TVs, (probably) new soft goods, etc., but it's still basically the same.

Just in case any lawyers are reading along... :cool:

We're in the same cabin for the August 4th sailing. :D

Have sailed in C772 and C753 and you will love it! Especially in Alaska where the wind can be rather cool ;)

Hello! We are in C748 for the August 4th sailing......we will sort of be neighbors! We have never been in an aft balcony cabin and are looking forward to it!

• 1 month later...

We will be in room C750 on the Sapphire next summer (2013) and am very interested in how obstructive the beam on the balcony will be. Would you mind taking pictures from inside the room towards the beam and e-mailing them to me. I think the beam is in front of the bedroom side of the doors and am concerned it will block all of the view from that side of the room. Any pictures you take of the cabin would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tina

sister4thof5@yahoo.com

Archived