IE Escape to the Med -Loads of questions

shuoldIcruise

This is our first cruise -and first non self catering holiday - so loads of random questions.

We are not having the drinks package but wondered if tea and coffee is included with breakfast? Do you have to buy water? We tend to eat late (8-9pm) will this be a problem?

Cabins - where do you store your cases? do we get toiletries (shower gel etc) are there TVs in the cabins and if so what do they show?

Ports - Trapiani - do we need to do an organised tour or can we managed without, what is here? Olbia & Toulon - same questions.

I know I will think of loads more but I hope some one may be able to help with some of the above!

Thanks in anticipation. xx

Hi, you will get tea and coffee at the Beachcomber. Just get a teabag and make your own with the hot water and milk. The coffee is horrible so maybe buy some Nescafe sachets to take with you. If you take those insulated mugs you can take a drink back to your cabin. Cafe Brasil has nice coffee to buy and you will get better coffee provided at dinner. There is a water cask in the Beachcomber for you to get a small glass from, I would buy a large bottle at the airport to take with you into the cabin as it's quite expensive to buy onboard. You can stock up off ship.

Our cases wouldn't fit under the bed as there was a storage box under there so we put one inside the other and put them under the dressing table and put the chair elsewhere.

There is shower gel, the usual little soap, sachets of shampoo, and shower cap if I remember correctly.

There is a TV and we found the most interesting thing was the ships web cam, lol. Still, you're never in the cabin, apart from showering and changing, as there's a lot to do on and off ship.

You can eat late if you like, I can't remember what time the restaurant closes but there's always something to eat at the Beachcomber if you're running late. If you want a table for two you'd need to get down early.

I think that's right but I do sometimes get mixed up with the Celebration, lol.:D:D

Jan

Hi

Trapani - not a lot here. At the port there was a little "noddy train" and also open top bus. We did the open top bus around the resort. Took about 45mins. Then we had a walk around. A few shops, lovely ice cream!!!! Small beach.

Olbia - also not a lot here. Main street with quite a few shops, restaurants etc, but that's about it.

Toulon - prob one of my favourite ports. We were here on a Sunday so a lot was closed but there was a market on, lovely to have a walk around the marina looking at all the yachts. Lot's of restaurants, ice cream parlours. We also did the little "noddy Train" -http://www.traintoulon.com/

Takes you on a tour of Toulon and also past a beautiful beach, where you can hop on hop off. Well worth a visit.

You can always have a look at these places on Google earth to give you a rough idea what's there.

Hope that's of help.

Carol

one also at the out of town shopping centre near torrevieja again it wasnt the same but their carrefour (asda to us) was brilliant sorry going off subject loved toulon loads of character

I've seen carrefour loads of times but never been in. BUT!! next time for sure, lol.:):)

Jan

Archived