Handout Fun Times

I posted this question on Carnival.com last night.

Is it possible to hand out the sail date Fun Times at the Terminal at check-in. We would be able to read it and make plans while waiting to board. It also may help eliminate some of the questions that the crew are asked by first time cruisers

I wondered If the days Fun Times is printed and ready for our cabin then couldn't they have an employee take them to the terminal and give it to us there.

HM, that really is an EXCELLENT idea! I'll pass this along to some folks I know who might be able to implement the idea. GOOD THINKING!

"SKY"

Thanks! Suggest that they try doing it on July 3 when we sail on Pride from Baltimore! (Please???)

upon chk-in at the Purers Desk..in a standup holder..most of the bars tops even if bar isnt open...Ice cream/coffee rest..ect.

True, the OP is talking about getting them before boarding the ship. NCL did this on my last cruise, it gives you something to read while waiting to board the ship.

Is it possible to hand out the sail date Fun Times at the Terminal at check-in. We would be able to read it and make plans while waiting to board. It also may help eliminate some of the questions that the crew are asked by first time cruisers

I wondered If the days Fun Times is printed and ready for our cabin then couldn't they have an employee take them to the terminal and give it to us there.

That's actually a good idea! They hand you a map of the ship at check in, they could probably hand you a Fun Times along with it. Interesting!

They did this a number of years ago, but for whatever reason ceased the practice.

Because of the amount of cleanup after. People would read it and leave it.

It generates a lot of trash- and more clean up for the terminal.

upon chk-in at the Purers Desk..in a standup holder..most of the bars tops even if bar isnt open...Ice cream/coffee rest..ect.

Not to mention its in your cabin when you arrive at 1:30 pm.. its not like you dont get it very soon after you board. I can see why they stopped it.

That's actually a good idea! They hand you a map of the ship at check in, they could probably hand you a Fun Times along with it. Interesting!

In 17 cruises Iv never gotten a map at check in. I know they usually have someone on the ship with them in hand if you want one. But not until I was on the ship itself and you had to ask for it, or take it from someone. It isnt handed to every person unless they want it.

This last February, for my first-ever sailing on NCL, I really liked the idea of them handing me my ship map and Day 1 daily info at the check-in counter. One days 2-7, it was placed in the cabin, but the only one for Day 1 was provided in the terminal.

I personally did not see a single one left in the waiting area while I was there.

[color=dar

I personally did not see a single one left in the waiting area while I was there.

Neither did I, most people were actually reading them and commenting to others about what they wanted to do first.

Hi Sail-a-bration - Thanks for the great suggestion. I have forwarded it on and will let you know as soon as I receive a response.

I think it's a really good idea. They did have someone in the atrium when we boarded the Pride on May 1st handing them out which was nice, but looking at the Deck Plan while waiting to board only kept me occupied for so long :D

Maybe they could have them behind the desk where you receive your S&S card or do your health form and hand them out on request? That way maybe there would be less of a waste?

In 17 cruises Iv never gotten a map at check in. I know they usually have someone on the ship with them in hand if you want one. But not until I was on the ship itself and you had to ask for it, or take it from someone. It isnt handed to every person unless they want it.

Thats probably because if you have a gold Sign & Sail card they think you don't need it. I remember they handed one to me on my first cruise because I had a Red White & Blue card, after that no more?

Thats probably because if you have a gold Sign & Sail card they think you don't need it. I remember they handed one to me on my first cruise because I had a Red White & Blue card, after that no more?

But most people don't just sail the same ship over and over again, so why wouldn't you need a map if you've sailed Carnival before?

When we boarded the Dream they had people wearing t-shirts that said something like "Ask me" so I asked where the pasta station was. (It isn't marked on the Deck plans) They didn't know. I thought it was stupid to have people stationed to help people that couldn't direct them where to go.

It would be helpful if before people board they knew what time certain activities were because on our last Sensation cruise we missed some stuff because it was before we got our Fun Times. Plus you don't know what to do for Sailaway and lifejacketless drill if you haven't read the Fun Times.

There almost needs to be a 1st timers meeting/crusing for dummies before you get on. So many people leave their first cruise amazed what they wish they knew.

I can't recall which sailing, I think New Orleans on Fantasy, I was handed Circle C information upon boarding for my son. But my friend with her son in line behind me didn't get one. It was a post card size.

Archived