Kids in a cove?

prattmom

According to Carnivals booking policy minors under the age of 13 can not be booked in a balcony cabin without a parent/grandparent.

These are the guidelines passed on to me from Carnival. Please note the things in red concerning balconies. "Parent" can also include Grandparents. Hope this helps.

Ages 12-under

Must travel in the same stateroom with a “Parent”

If insisting on traveling in separate staterooms, minors must be directly across the hall or side-by-side to “Parents” stateroom. If traveling in a balcony stateroom, minors must be in the same stateroom with a “Parent”.

Ages 13-17

Must travel with a “Parent” in the same stateroom or separated by up to 3 staterooms down/across the hall. For ages 13 and under, if traveling in a balcony stateroom, must be in the same stateroom with a “Parent”.

Ages 18-20

May travel in separate stateroom from the “Parent” beyond the 3 staterooms down/across the hall and including separate decks. Always make every effort to assign nearby.

Ages 20-under, not traveling with a parent. Must travel in the same stateroom with an adult 25 years of age or older.

My kids always traveled with me in a balcony, started when they where 6 and 7. Everything was fine until about a year ago. My daughter (23) informed me that she, sister and friend (met on the cruise) decided to crawled over 3 balconies to get to our room because they locked their selves out of the cabin. They were at this time 13 and 14 and had at least 5-6 cruise experience. Don’t do it .. your will find out what they did when they get older.:eek:

OMG! I am not a parent but this sends me chills! Thank you for this post and it did it for me. When I have kids, I will NOT give them access to a balcony.

OP, I think you might want to consider a higher balcony with an inside. Another advantage to consider, there is a large promenade deck beneath those higher deck balconies. If (God forbids) something happens, at least there is the promenade to break the fall. Not a desirable situation by any measure, but at least better than being overboard. Deck 6, the upper deck is not that much more than a cove and it's right above the promenade.

Higher balcony is my last option. DH gets seasick and the lower level works best...

As for the posted rules, they certainly didn't cause any issues when I booked my 6, 11 and 16 yo kids in the adjoining cabin for our last cruise... weird.

Think we are going with froofie's idea.:)

Higher balcony is my last option. DH gets seasick and the lower level works best...

As for the posted rules, they certainly didn't cause any issues when I booked my 6, 11 and 16 yo kids in the adjoining cabin for our last cruise... weird.

Think we are going with froofie's idea.:)

Amanda. were the kids in a separate balcony cabin last cruise? No problem booking them beside you or across the hall from you according to Carnival's rules, the rule just state under 13 can not be in a balcony without a parent.

We just got back from a Dream cruise and our children ages 9, and 13 were booked alone in a balcony room that adjoined ours. No questions asked, no problems, in fact it was a Carnival PVP that booked them there. Now we did have the balcony door locked, and threatened them within an inch of their lives if they went out without us, and we always had the adjoining room door open, but still if those are the rules, then I guess they were more like a suggestion last week.

We are booked on the Dream again in Jan, does anyone know if the cove balcony doors open to the next balcony like they do on a regular balcony???

Archived