Sittings for dinner

The last time we did a cruise, it wasn't until we were at the dock just about to board the ship that we were asked which sitting we required for dinner, but a friend of mine said that she was asked which one she wanted when booking at the travel agent. Has anyone been unfortunate enough not to get the sitting they wanted?

The last time we did a cruise, it wasn't until we were at the dock just about to board the ship that we were asked which sitting we required for dinner, but a friend of mine said that she was asked which one she wanted when booking at the travel agent. Has anyone been unfortunate enough not to get the sitting they wanted?

I see that you are traveling on the Dream - in which case there are no fixed sittings as it's 'open dining' between 6.30 and 9.30/10.00? (not certain of time of finish). You go in whenever you want to. It's only on the Destiny where there are set dining times - perhaps that was the ship your friend was on.

On Captain's Gala night though it is two sittings - you will be allocated either early or late sitting (but that's the only day of the week it's like that) and as happy v says if you prefer not to go to the one you've been given, you can change.

Thanks for your replies. When we sailed on the Emerald there were two sittings, the people who were on the first sitting were able to watch the first show of the night, and the ones who were on the second sitting watched the second show of the night.

Regards

Wendy

Archived