Double booking?

jerseygirl3

When we were onboard RCI this past April, we booked the Equinox TA for next November 2012. We also booked our friends. If our friends weren't coming, we would have booked an AQ because I think DH and I would like to dine in Blu, but because our friends booked a 1A, we want to be able to dine with them so we booked a C2.

Anyway, I'm getting the feeling they may cancel, but I know they won't make a decision until well into 2012. Since we'll be onboard RCI this October, I'm thinking of booking the same cruise, but in AQ class. If our friends cancel, I'll keep that booking (I want to do it onboard for the free upgrade and OBC) and cancel out the C2 cabin. If they don't cancel, I'll cancel out the AQ onboard booking and keep the C2.

Does anybody know if it's allowed to double book? I don't want to pressure my friends to make a decision this far out, but I want to secure an AQ cabin if they do wind up cancelling and I want to make the booking while onboard for the extra perks.

Jo-Ann

J

I can feel your frustration.

I don't know how many times we altered our vacation plans to try and accommodate other family members or friends.

Once was booking rooms for a out of town wedding. My wife insisted that we take a $20 per night cheaper hotel because she didn't want to "spend" other peoples money. The other hotel was by far worth the extra. We reserved 4 rooms.

All the others did not make it for various excuses. We now ended up paying $50 more for the hotel that I wanted to begin with. I even told my wife that I would be willing to pay the difference of $20 for the other 3 rooms.

We have learned to book what we want and if the others want to join us fine, pay the price because I am no longer willing to try an accommodate them for a if come.

Hope it works out for you.

Yes, it can be done. We have 2 bookings right now for a sailing this fall. One is in an aqua class cabin (that can only accommodate 2) and one booking for a triple concierge class. Which one we will go with depends on whether DS is able to travel with us. I will tell u that the Celebrity vacation planner wouldn't/couldn't book the second cabin as he said it was against policy. I understood and went and booked it online myself. No problem at all. I know we probably shouldn't do it this way because we are holding a cabin (not sure which one though) that we will not be using. Once final payment comes, then we have to decide. Does he go or does he stay home and look after the cats and the house!!!

If you book onboard, I am not sure if I would tell them about the other booking. You may run into some resistance.

Archived