Caye Caulker and Coral Breeze

Cigar Dude

Looking at going to Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze. Heard they are a great company. Question:

They board at 8 am Belize time, which is actually 10 am ship's time (so that's not that bad). How long does the tender from the ship to the dock take? I've done it but can't remember; around 30 minutes?

We're beach people! Are there any spots on Caye Caulker that we can roam the beach, get in the water, etc.?

The island looks beautiful and perfect!

Has anyone done this excursion with Coral Breeze? Feel free to give your feedback.

The tender trip takes 20 to 30 minutes.

You can pretty much roam along the beach all the way around the island, but it's not a stunning beach area like some great beaches in the Caribbean. The best place for swimming/getting into the water is at "the split." There is also some decent snorkeling there, along with a nice little bar/restaurant that has reasonable prices on drinks & food (and the food is pretty good).

We didn't go with CB, but instead took the water taxi. Not sure where CB will drop you off at the island, but no matter where it won't be a very long walk (we walked it in 10 minutes or so, despite my 5 & 7 yo boys stopping to either kick, pick up, or throw around 100,000 coconuts that were on the way). They'll likely drop you at one of the docks; just walk ashore, turn right, and go until you hit the Split.

the water taxi is an hour. You can take a plane in 15 minutes. Go down to the Lazy Lizard at the split for swimming and drinking.

Thanks Wade. The plane would be great but probably a little too expensive! The water taxi puts pressure on us to watch the clock so we'll probably go with Coral Breeze and let them keep track of the time! See you in a couple months! Look for me at the split! :D

Anybody know if there are lounge chairs anywhere on the island to lay by the ocean? I've heard there are some at the Split.

Last time I was there, there was a lady renting loungers. Dont know the cost. The Bar had two for use.

I spend my time at the bar or in the water.

I hope to visit Caye Caulker next week. I will let you know.

Sent in our deposit for 6 people to Coral Breeze! We're set!

CD...want to hear about your Caye Caulker excursion with CB. I'm thinking this is the better way for DW and her 2 sisters to go snorkeling on their all girls Legend cruise next winter.. Away from the cattle car of the ship excursions and the ones to Goff's Caye. Be sure to grab lunch at Carlos' little grill up by the Split. He'll probably be cooking some of the same fish you were looking at that morning:eek:

I am also considering Coral Brreezes. NCL appears to have stopped offering the Shark Ray Alley tour. this goes to Hoi chan marine reserve and Ambergris Caye. This leaves me no option except to go independent.

The only worry is the tendering process. How easy is it on NCL when you book independent? I did email Coral Breezes and Mark said that we will be the only ship in port. Has anyone elses tried Coral Breezes when on NCL? Want to do the Shark Ray Alley & Caye Caulker excursion, really enjoy snorkeling.

I am also considering Coral Brreezes. NCL appears to have stopped offering the Shark Ray Alley tour. this goes to Hoi chan marine reserve and Ambergris Caye. This leaves me no option except to go independent.

The only worry is the tendering process. How easy is it on NCL when you book independent? I did email Coral Breezes and Mark said that we will be the only ship in port. Has anyone elses tried Coral Breezes when on NCL? Want to do the Shark Ray Alley & Caye Caulker excursion, really enjoy snorkeling.

I would be interested as well. I was looking at the same excursion thru NCL. Hopefully some good people on this thread can give us some insight! I am less than 2 months away from my sailing and I need to get on the ball.

Coral breeze is a great company doing tours that are also great.

We go with them twice each year & love the snorkeling trip with a local lunch on Caye Caulker.

Do a search here & you will get lots of info.

Bill in FL

I think we will go with CB. If you include the lunch option, where do they take you and how was it? Would you recommend not taking the lunch option and just find a local joint?

I think we will go with CB. If you include the lunch option, where do they take you and how was it? Would you recommend not taking the lunch option and just find a local joint?

Personally, I'd probably choose to just go my own way for lunch. There are a number of little restuarants & folks grilling up fresh "catch of the morning" fish as you walk around the island, with the prices being pretty cheap. I'd just follow my nose to what smelled best.

If you elect to do lunch on your own, pay attention to the time so you don't miss the boat back to the TV.

I think lunch thru Coral Breeze runs like $6 PP.

Can't get much cheaper or better than that.

Their site will let you know the cost.

It was $69 pp w/o lunch and $75 with lunch. I'm really thinking I want to book the Shark Alley and snorkel through CB for my trip in February but they don't book that far in advance.

I'd love anyone's input that has done this through CB though.

Would like to know if anyone has used them while on NCL. The Belize tendering process worries me. On NCL will you have enough time to make it to the tourism village?

In belize, I usually only do ship excursions as you will be in one of the first tenders thus eliminating the risk of missing the tour.

Would like to know if anyone has used them while on NCL. The Belize tendering process worries me. On NCL will you have enough time to make it to the tourism village?

In belize, I usually only do ship excursions as you will be in one of the first tenders thus eliminating the risk of missing the tour.

don't fret the tendering process. Just be aware of when your ship's daily news letter says tendering will start and where to meet. Get there early and grab a early of a tender as you can. Be aware of what time the ship is using for scheduling the last tender and if different that Belize time, be sure NOT to change your watch. CB and other vendors are very much aware of tendering times and will do everything possible to get you back to the TV to catch your tender, and maybe even enjoy a cold Belkin at Wet Lizard or the outside bar next door, something Mama's, I think.

We were also thinking fo booking with Coral Breeze but our concern is....what happens if the ship does not stop in Belize as scheduled? I have read over and over again that it skips Belize at random times. Do you get your $ back with Coral Breezes?

We were also thinking fo booking with Coral Breeze but our concern is....what happens if the ship does not stop in Belize as scheduled? I have read over and over again that it skips Belize at random times. Do you get your $ back with Coral Breezes?

Yes. Go to their website. They clearly say they refund.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/Caye/Caulker/cruise/beach/current_category.15/Product.11/tours_add.html?t_product=11

Plus, you put a deposit down for your excursion. You pay the balance when you get there. At least it's not the whole cost on your card before you get there...just in case!

This happened to me last Oct. and my deposit was refunded before I got home from my cruise. I didn't have to ask, e-mail or anything.

I am going on the same cruise again, in hopes of going to Belize and doing this exact excursion. :D

I would like to know how long of a walk it is from the drop off at Caye Caulker to the split.

Is the golf cart rental near the drop off? My mom won't be able to walk far in the heat of August.

What else is there at the drop off area? Is it near shopping and food places?

My mom is going to stay on Caye caulker while I snorkle with CB and I just wanted to know what is right there at the drop off or should she go with me as an observer on the snorkle tour?

Any replies appreciated.

I would like to know how long of a walk it is from the drop off at Caye Caulker to the split. Probably a 20 minute walk. All the streets are sand. Very laid back .

Is the golf cart rental near the drop off? My mom won't be able to walk far in the heat of August. As I recall, it is just beyond the end of the pier. Not far at all. You can even have them drop you off at the split and arrange for a return trip. We just worked our way back at the end of the day.

What else is there at the drop off area? Is it near shopping and food places? Lots of places to eat along the way. Little shops line the beach.

My mom is going to stay on Caye caulker while I snorkle with CB and I just wanted to know what is right there at the drop off or should she go with me as an observer on the snorkle tour?

Any replies appreciated.

Hope this helps.

angie

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be on the NCL Spirit the last week in August and we booked with Coral Breeze, as well. They were very helpful and informative when I was trying to decide if we wanted to book with an independent or thru the cruiselines, due to the tendering process. We probably would have booked thru the cruiselines, but they suspended their tour, so I had to rely on Cruise Critic. Luckily, I have not been disappointed yet in the information I have found on the threads.

Archived