Costa Magica-May 8th,2005-Roll Call

latex

Thanks, that's very helpful... The second site gives no information and the first looks promising but I see nothing to the port. Anyone else have any info for me? Please?

Thanks!

OK, I am going crazy now. Costa's only bus leaves Fiumicino at 11:30 and I get in just late enough to miss it. The only other options I see are private transfers and since I am traveling alone, no way can I afford those. If anyone has ANY info to help me I would be so grateful...

Thanks!

Jana

Here is a post from the virtual tourisr website-hope this will help

REPLIES to AIRPORT TO CIVITAVECCHIA

CivitavecchiaRe: Airport to Civitavecchia

Posted: Sat January 01 19:05:52 2005 UTC

By public conveyance, this is what you would do:

1. Take the Leonardo Express from FCO to Stazione Termini (Rome's main train station). The cost is 9.5 euros each. The trip takes 35 minutes. Trains run from 6:37 to 23:37 every 30 minutes. See http://www.adr.it/content.asp?Subc=1361&L=3&idMen=731

2. At Termini, take one of many trains that run through Civitavecchia to points north (like Pisa). These trains leave 2 or 3 times an hour. See www.trenitalia.com for times. The cost may vary (depending on the type of train), but one example I picked showed a one-way charge of 4.10 euros (each). The trip last about an hour.

3. In Civitavecchia, take a taxi to the port. Actually, I haven't done this part and I hear that the port is not far away from the station (Civitavecchia isn't that big), but with luggage, I think you'll need wheels.

So add it up: 4x9.50 + 4x4.10 + a short taxi ride = about 60 euros, plus a lot of time and some aggravation (hauling luggage around). So look around VT - there have been people posting offers of direct rides for 100 euros or so...again, I haven't used these services but some people here have (look for a review)...but 100 euros for a direct ride might be cost effective, all told...

Only rec'd 1 printout for transfer from airport (Rome) to Citavecchia pier. It says that return transfer is provided if going directly to airport upon disembarkation. Anyone know if they will issue a new transfer printout for return portion on ship or should I be keeping the orig transfer printout??

I'd hang on to what you've got. I wont see our docs until Sunday am (UK time) but I'll try and post to let you know what we've got in the way of transfer vouchers as we've booked a return transfer, but you may already have left for your trip by then. Have you checked on the Costa web site using your booking number? Mine shows the transfer there.

We're leaving 4.30am Monday (UK time). Getting excited - all packed already!!

Thanks again, Jo42. I photocopied the transfer so that I have a copy on hand even if they take the original. I am leaving Toronto on Saturday May 08th, will be arriving in Rome Sunday morning & boarding at Citavecchia. I know that you are embarking in Savonna. Hope to bump into you on board to thank you personally...you have been ever so helpful! I think I'll just book all my future cruises to coincide with yours, so that I have someone to answer all my questions. The Costa website is atrocious. At first it didn't post all the available tours, then it stopped posting them altogether. :confused: I gave up & will wait till I get on board. Still have packing to do. Starting to panick.

Archived