Suite Perks

unless you are in an Owner's Suite or above. The expresso machine is for all suite guests and the coffee is refilled by the butler. There is usually a bottle of bubbly and a bottle of water (free) on arrival.

OS, DOS and GV get real champagne and unlimited bottled water and sodas and mixers for the whole cruise.

Enjoy!

To clarify a bit more, you will have a coffee machine in your cabin that can brew espresso, coffee or hot water for tea. On some ships it is a Lavazza machine that will steam milk also.

All suites include one large bottle of water. Additional bottles are charged minibar rates. (The tap water on the ship is excellent so bottled water isn't really necessary.) Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's Suites and Garden Villas include unlimited bottled water, sodas and mixers as well.

ok thanks..what are some other perks that are worth booking a suite?

Priority boarding and disembarkation, both at the home port and in ports of call.

Concierge service (They'll take care of anything outside your cabin, show & restaurant reservations, help with excursions, etc)

Butler service (they take care of anything inside your cabin, including delivering and setting up room service meals, filling your orders for beverages, making sure you have the right pillows, etc).

Private (suites only) breakfast & lunch in Cagneys.

All in all, once you cruise in a suite, you'll always want to. It's the only way to go.

Lots of room, fancy bathrooms, butler, courtyard access, in room meals from all restaurants, breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, VIP check-in, priority disembarkation, etc

Kittymeow-

I did not know what the NCL suite life entailed when I booked an outside cabin on the Jewel. Luckily, I received a glimpse into the wonderful world of this when friends had us up to their Courtyard Villa for lunch. Silly me, I thought suites were just bigger, fancier rooms! Not so.

Ironically, it was during that 14 night transatlantic on the Jewel that my mom got very sick with bronchitis. Well let me tell you this, with her coughing 24/7 and stinking up our cabin with Vick's Vaporub, our cabin felt smaller and smaller. We decided to go for a suite on our next cruise, but as fate had it we had to settle for a longer wait since all the suites were sold out and we went in a mini on the Dawn. But while on the Dawn we made sure to check out various suites on disembarkation day.

So, I booked the aft PH on the Sun almost a year in advance. I was not sure if my mom would join me but she did and we loved it. In fact we've booked the same cabin for 2013. We love this suite. It's perfect for roommates if one is ok with the sofabed. Some have complained of it but my mom chose it. She liked the larger tv in the living room and the desk area for her laptop to download video. The oversized balcony with doors from the living room and bedroom is great. One neat thing about the Sun is there are only 20 suites total so there is not that "suite disparity" as found on other ships where villas get additional amenities.

One thing I would suggest to you if you are interested in cruising in a NCL suite is to go to the NCL reviews and read as many reviews from pax in suites. You can get a true feel of what the butler and concierge can do for you to enhance your vacation as well as other extras. I learned so much about the Sun by reading reviews like that.

Honestly, I would really miss cruising in a suite on NCL now that I have experienced how much easier and relaxing it is since I cruise with my mom who has some health issues.

Do Ships without Cagney's, like the SUN, have a restaurant

for breakfast and lunch for those in Suites

On the Sun, suite guests dine in La Cucina (beautiful venue) for breakfast and lunch.

On the Sun, suite guests dine in La Cucina (beautiful venue) for breakfast and lunch.

So I guess Il Adagio is now officially La Cucina? I am still mourning the loss of the old Il Adagio... which was in my opinion and that of may others, NCL's best restaurant. So sad.

But yes, the ambiance is lovely. Hope that has NOT changed!

So I guess Il Adagio is now officially La Cucina? I am still mourning the loss of the old Il Adagio... which was in my opinion and that of may others, NCL's best restaurant. So sad.

But yes, the ambiance is lovely. Hope that has NOT changed!

Oops! Thank you for catchiing my typo. Il Adagio is the correct name for the restaurant. I think La Cucina is RCCL's restaurant. Sorry for the mistake.

Archived