Sight Seeing in Cabo by Cab

windham depot

Hi My husband and I are cruising on the Splendor to Mexican Riviera Aug. 28th. We are thinking we would just like to grab a cab and just tour Cabo. Stop some place for lunch maybe do a little shopping etc. Has anyone else ever done this? Is it a safe thing to do? How much would we be charged for something like this? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rhonda

Okay so maybe not just Cabo. We have never been and would like to just see the sights, do a little shopping and get some lunch. I do need to use a wheelchair for distances. So is this doable or is it a mistake. This is usually what we choose to do while in other ports. Thank you.

Rhonda

A wheelchair can easily go on the marina boardwalk but the streets and sidewalks in town are horrible! They are made of all different materials changing from cobblestone to brick to slippery tile to concrete all in 1 block. And there are constant height changes too in front of each storefront so you are constantly stepping up or down.

There are no "sights" to see really, Cabo is a very new town mostly built up in the 80's. Before that it was just a sleepy fishing village. Lots of shops, bars and restuarants and of coure the beach. We have been visiting Cabo for 17 years with multiple week stays at a time and we have never even rented a car! We walk everywhere and take an occasional cab if we are going from one end of town to the other and it is really hot or late at night.

Archived