Three adults in a balcony on the Sky

dolita22

I'm new to NCL and tonight will likely be reserving a cruise on the Sky for September! Before reserving, though, I wanted to ask: Will three adults be comfortable in a midship balcony stateroom on the Sky? Or are two separate staterooms a better option? I realize there would be a single supplement in order to have separate rooms and am not sure the higher cost is worth it, so I just want to make sure we would be comfortable in one room (we're family).

Thanks!

Depends on what family members! Mother, father, adult child?:) or Husband, wife, mother in law?:eek:

Or it could be husband, wife, and well...you know...uhhhh....ummm...their "guest". :D

We were 3 adult women in a balcony on the SUN and really had no problems. One decided she liked the sofa/daybed and so we all were pretty comfortable, although the sofa was a bit hard for my taste. It was a 14 day transatlantic, so there was a chance of going stir crazy but we didn't suffer at all.

I think it is doable, honestly I was out of the room most of the day just to activities, the others were around but we met up afternoons as we all seemed to need a nap. :D

The balcony was a great extra 'room' as I would get up early and sit out there and read, waiting for the other 2 to get their act together for breakfast.

Store all the suitcases under the two beds and the closet space was ample, as well as drawer space. We each got 2 drawers and everything fit.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.

Adult DD and I were in balcony on Sky in Dec. It was fine, but the beds were separated into twins, and having to constantly dodge the end of the bed to go to bathroom and exit cabin could get tricky. With the beds configured into a queen it should be much better. The love seat, folded out, would hamper access to balcony - you would either need to walk over bed to get to balcony and fold up bed. If you are felxible travelers and see this as an adventure, I would book 3 in the room because the single supplement is 200%.

Thank you for your responses! To save on the 200% single supplement, we opted for the 3-in-a-balcony option. Cozy, yes, but with visiting ports all 3 days, we won't be spending much time in the room. I've sailed with 3 others in an inside stateroom on Carnival, and we made it through that will some funny memories! :D Glad to hear those that have had 3 in a balcony on the Sky have come through it all right -- especially to the poster who said they made it on a transatlantic sailing! :)

Enjoy your upcoming cruises!

Thank you for your responses! To save on the 200% single supplement, we opted for the 3-in-a-balcony option. Cozy, yes, but with visiting ports all 3 days, we won't be spending much time in the room. I've sailed with 3 others in an inside stateroom on Carnival, and we made it through that will some funny memories! :D Glad to hear those that have had 3 in a balcony on the Sky have come through it all right -- especially to the poster who said they made it on a transatlantic sailing! :)

Enjoy your upcoming cruises!

Good for you! I was going to say that a short cruise is the perfect "trial" if you will. If this works, maybe you'll be able to manage a longer cruise...or you'll think "never again"! :D But to me it's the perfect length cruise to give it a shot!

• 1 month later...

We had three ladies in a balcony on the Sky... here are a few pics. In the last one you can see how the sofa bed is right up against the desk when opened. We had to climb over the bed to go out on the balcony at night, but it was a minor inconvenience, and was sometimes cause for fits of laughter when our friend was actually in the bed and we were climbing/falling over her!

5442211666_286413e31b.jpg

Peekaboo Melissa by Sally1014, on Flickr

5442204740_3f5e0f07be.jpg

Untitled by Sally1014, on Flickr

5441607645_903433b8c1.jpg

Untitled by Sally1014, on Flickr

6007123414_e4f325fbe0.jpg

Sleeping Arrangements by Sally1014, on Flickr

If the person sleeping on the sofa/bed isn't too tall, you may be able to extend the bed only part way. That would leave just enough to squeeze by to get to the balcony door.

For an impromptu dressing room we opened both the bathroom and the wardrobe door on the opposite side. They overlapped in the middle. The only parts visible were the feet. That was on the Dawn in a balcony cabin with our 13-yo granddaughter.

We sailed on the Sky in 2004 when she was known as the Pride of Aloha. We had three people in each of our two balcony cabins.

Myself, my wife and my then 7 year old daughter in one cabin.

My father, my mother and my mother in law in the other, connecting, cabin.

This was for a 12 day cruise from San Francisco to Honolulu.

There was not a space problem for them and the only real complaint was that the fold out sofa was a little hard.

So, for a short 3 or 4 day cruise, I would say that 3 is definately ok.

See if one of the aft penthouse suites are available - they have a seperate bedroom with a nice queen bed and a pull out sofa in the living room - they also have nice big bathrooms. I know that this will cost more than three in a balcony, but it is cheaper than a balcony and a single.

Archived