MSC Poesia

schiffgiganten

Hello,

I have some photos from the MSC Poesia. The photos are two weeks old and come from the Nord-Ostsee Kanal (Kiel Kanal).

The picture:

1.JPG

More picture can you see on my Gallery Gallery: MSC Poesia

I hope the picture are good.

Regards,

Patrick

I miss Poesia!! Thank you Patrick, for these beautiful new photos :D

Very nice...we will be on this ship in Oct for 14 days.....can almost see our cabin....lol......thanks...

Hi Kelowna,

If you want to see your cabin even more close-up (assuming it's on port and sort of forward), then you can choose the original size of this photo from flickr:

MSC Poesia

Thank you for posting those beautiful photos. Ever since I saw that Royal Purple theatre I have been fascinated by it. My first cruise on the Poesia is not until next February but I am getting excited already. This will be for "Momsters of Rock" and there will be some awesome bands playing there.

Thank you for posting those beautiful photos. Ever since I saw that Royal Purple theatre I have been fascinated by it. My first cruise on the Poesia is not until next February but I am getting excited already. This will be for "Momsters of Rock" and there will be some awesome bands playing there.

I saw that and am interested but have never cruised with this cruiseline before. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this cruiseline? What ages it's geared toward, etc.? Thank you!

I really like the MSC Cruise line . . . have been on the Poesia once and will board again later this week. My husband has been on the Poesia twice and will board the third time this week. The feeling is someone what "Princess" cruise lines . . . elegant, a bit understated (i.e., as opposed to Carnival's more gaudy approach). Don't get me wrong, I like Carnival as well, but I like the Poesia. The food, for my taste, was lovely. I'm European by decent (Dutch), so I like the more simple things. Frankly, for me, it's not ALL about the food, or ALL about the ship . . . more about the total EXPERIENCE. MSC Cruise lines is an excellent value and I love their ships . . . new . . . with wonderful lounges and a European flair. In a word: Wonderful!

I really like the MSC Cruise line . . . have been on the Poesia once and will board again later this week. My husband has been on the Poesia twice and will board the third time this week. The feeling is someone what "Princess" cruise lines . . . elegant, a bit understated (i.e., as opposed to Carnival's more gaudy approach). Don't get me wrong, I like Carnival as well, but I like the Poesia. The food, for my taste, was lovely. I'm European by decent (Dutch), so I like the more simple things. Frankly, for me, it's not ALL about the food, or ALL about the ship . . . more about the total EXPERIENCE. MSC Cruise lines is an excellent value and I love their ships . . . new . . . with wonderful lounges and a European flair. In a word: Wonderful!

Couldn't have said it better.....

MSC Poesia.

Wow, this ship looks good. My husband picked up a pamphlet yesterday for my dream cruise -- New York/New England.

I wasn't planning it until 2012, but there's an offer for Oct 2011 that looks inviting.

We only got off a cruise on Saturday and have just paid a deposit for one in late December. Both those cruises do not involve plane trips. This is our new selection criteria. Or so we thought.

Now this pamphlet is sitting on the desk next to me. 15 nights on a ship with a purple theatre and red bedspreads. Be still my heart !!!

Are there any Aussies (Australians) reading this who have cruised on this line , or used travelmasters dot com dot au ?

Ann

The decor tends to be quite elegant indeed but not all cabins have red bedspreads (Musica has more of those). Many on the Poesia have blue bedspreads and the external cabins (not the ones with balcony but with 'windows' ) have green :-)

Totally agree....I love this ship... the food, the decor, the staff.... all wonderful!!!!

Oh thank all for the good feedback.

The Poesia is a very nice ship and the crew are the best :D It´s was so funny. Perhaps is the Celebrity Silhoutte also so good and funny. In some days I´m on bord :))

Regards,

Patrick

Hope I am responding correctly. My husband and I are taking 40 people on the Poesia for a Caribbean cruise on March 3. This is our first experience on an MSC ship. We have 58 cruises all on Celebrity, RCCL and Princess. We are looking forward to trying something new, but at the same time, a little apprehensive. Anyone else traveling at this time?

Hope I am responding correctly. My husband and I are taking 40 people on the Poesia for a Caribbean cruise on March 3. This is our first experience on an MSC ship. We have 58 cruises all on Celebrity, RCCL and Princess. We are looking forward to trying something new, but at the same time, a little apprehensive. Anyone else traveling at this time?

If you truly luv 2 dance as we do you will be in heaven on board the Poesia.......we did our first on MSC in feb.......we are booked for Nov. 1 sailing and hope to make it at least 3 times while they are in the caribbean........113 cruises and this was one of our best dancing experiences......enjoy

I'm boarding the MSC Poesia on October 29, 2011, Manhattan Terminal. You're boarding at Port Everglades and joining us, eh? Welcome aboard. Been trying to organize a Meet & Mingle, with no activity on the Roll Call. Maybe we can get something organized from your departure date? joanne

If you truly luv 2 dance as we do you will be in heaven on board the Poesia.......we did our first on MSC in feb.......we are booked for Nov. 1 sailing and hope to make it at least 3 times while they are in the caribbean........113 cruises and this was one of our best dancing experiences......enjoy

Please tell me more about dancing venues, bands/orchestras, etc. My husband and I are ballroom dancers. Linda and Paul

You will love the Poesia.........dancing starts in 2 back to back lounges at 5 or 5:30 and goes non stop until 1-1:30.............they have 2 groups in each that alternate every hour..............one floor is very large, that is in the Zebra lounge, and right behind it is a very small floor that is in the red bar.........tiny floor but we had fantastic musicans in both..........and i am in touch with one duo and they hope to be back on board.

There was a great single guy in the Zebra and then a 4 piece(i think) group...........they all play a large variety of music..........waltz, cha cha, swing, latin, anything you want .............we are free style dancers rather than ball room but will dance to anything if it is good music......

They also have a huge (for a cruise ship) floor up a couple of decks that plays ballroom, i am not sure of their hours as we very seldom went up there as they started later and we were so happy with the others...

Barbara and Kelvin

We loved everything about the ship.

I'm boarding the MSC Poesia on October 29, 2011, Manhattan Terminal. You're boarding at Port Everglades and joining us, eh? Welcome aboard. Been trying to organize a Meet & Mingle, with no activity on the Roll Call. Maybe we can get something organized from your departure date? joanne

We have never attended the meet and greets but look forward to meeting you...........we spend all our time on the dance floor and are easy to spot.......i (Barbara) am 6' and wear seqiuns every nite and my handsome husband (Kelvin) is always in a tux or different colored dinner jacket .......we love to dress and love to dance...please look us up and say hi.....

You will love the Poesia.........dancing starts in 2 back to back lounges at 5 or 5:30 and goes non stop until 1-1:30.............they have 2 groups in each that alternate every hour..............one floor is very large, that is in the Zebra lounge, and right behind it is a very small floor that is in the red bar.........tiny floor but we had fantastic musicans in both..........and i am in touch with one duo and they hope to be back on board.

There was a great single guy in the Zebra and then a 4 piece(i think) group...........they all play a large variety of music..........waltz, cha cha, swing, latin, anything you want .............we are free style dancers rather than ball room but will dance to anything if it is good music......

They also have a huge (for a cruise ship) floor up a couple of decks that plays ballroom, i am not sure of their hours as we very seldom went up there as they started later and we were so happy with the others...

Barbara and Kelvin

We loved everything about the ship.

I have to agree, MSC has great live Musicians onboard.

Thanks so much for the info on dancing! As we've been on a travel hiatus, we are really looking forward to this cruise. Perfect itinerary, in and out of NYC...our favorite...4 nights in NY before departing, Oct 8-22.

Looking to join w/others on the roll call to arrange for private vans, small groups (4+). Our experience is that we get twice the tour for half the $. But as a very busy person, I don't have time to make the arrangements.

So I hope to meet people on the roll call! Linda and Paul, Yorba Linda, CA

Thanks so much for the info on dancing! As we've been on a travel hiatus, we are really looking forward to this cruise. Perfect itinerary, in and out of NYC...our favorite...4 nights in NY before departing, Oct 8-22.

Looking to join w/others on the roll call to arrange for private vans, small groups (4+). Our experience is that we get twice the tour for half the $. But as a very busy person, I don't have time to make the arrangements.

So I hope to meet people on the roll call! Linda and Paul, Yorba Linda, CA

You are so welcome..............hope u enjoy as much as we did, can't wait to board again Nov. 1........

Archived