MSC Poesia

schiffgiganten

We are going on the Poesia in January 2012 We have seen some good reviews and some not so good. we would appreciate some information on this cruise ship is there Tea making facilities in the cabins as we do enjoy a cuppa on the balcony, how many formal evening are there in a 14 day cruise? are the staff really as rude as some passengers have said? or are there just some rude passengers? Our last cruise was on the Independence of the seas, which was a very large ship with lots of passengers, which meant loads of queuing, and not enough lounges to enjoy a quite drink in the evening.

Thanking you

We are going on the Poesia in January 2012 We have seen some good reviews and some not so good. we would appreciate some information on this cruise ship is there Tea making facilities in the cabins as we do enjoy a cuppa on the balcony, how many formal evening are there in a 14 day cruise? are the staff really as rude as some passengers have said? or are there just some rude passengers? Our last cruise was on the Independence of the seas, which was a very large ship with lots of passengers, which meant loads of queuing, and not enough lounges to enjoy a quite drink in the evening.

Thanking you

I don't think you will be able to make tea in the cabin. I was on the OPERA and don't recall that.

It will have wonderful music and a European menu. (Italian)

The atmosphere will be more like the continent. The Independance of the Seas is a mega liner, geared more to the Americans. You will have a diverse group of people on MSC liners.

We absolutely loved the OPERA.

Joyce

(My mother was born in Port Talbot - I am assuming your above address refers to S. Wales.):)

Hi fussydolphin

No I'm afraid there are no tea making facilities in the cabin. The only way to get this is via room service. (remember to also order milk if you take milk)

There will be 4 formal nights on a 14 night cruise.

MSC Poesia.

Wow, this ship looks good. My husband picked up a pamphlet yesterday for my dream cruise -- New York/New England.

I wasn't planning it until 2012, but there's an offer for Oct 2011 that looks inviting.

We only got off a cruise on Saturday and have just paid a deposit for one in late December. Both those cruises do not involve plane trips. This is our new selection criteria. Or so we thought.

Now this pamphlet is sitting on the desk next to me. 15 nights on a ship with a purple theatre and red bedspreads. Be still my heart !!!

Are there any Aussies (Australians) reading this who have cruised on this line , or used travelmasters dot com dot au ?

Ann

Hi Ann (Gold Coast)

This is Di from Sunshine Coast and I'm delighted to say my husband & I are doing the 14 nights out of New York 8th October. The itinerary has the best variety of destinations for us to hopefully enjoy the Autumn of New England. We have also cruised on MSC Armonia out of Venice in '09 and again the destinations were ideal. The ship/balcony suite/crew/food were all spot on. Lucky you with another cruise in December, there is a great flyer on the MSC Australia website for the 14 days B2B out of New York for your consideration. Any queries, happy to answer if I can? Kind regards, Di

• 2 weeks later...
MSC Poesia.

Wow, this ship looks good. My husband picked up a pamphlet yesterday for my dream cruise -- New York/New England.

I wasn't planning it until 2012, but there's an offer for Oct 2011 that looks inviting.

We only got off a cruise on Saturday and have just paid a deposit for one in late December. Both those cruises do not involve plane trips. This is our new selection criteria. Or so we thought.

Now this pamphlet is sitting on the desk next to me. 15 nights on a ship with a purple theatre and red bedspreads. Be still my heart !!!

Are there any Aussies (Australians) reading this who have cruised on this line , or used travelmasters dot com dot au ?

Ann

Hi Ann - I love MSC and I am going on the 19 night cruise from New York starting on 22nd October, I cant wait to be on another beautiful MSC ship having a fantastic cruise to some wonderful place, hopefully with wonderful people on board. The last two cruises we did were in the Meditteranean and the ship was full of Italians - which wasnt bad - but was different, I must say tho that we bumped into lots of Aussies and Kiwis. I expect this time there will be more Americans, the menu certainly reflects a change in continents (more Americanised I think). I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Thanking you

Fussy dolphin - I too am a tea addict - I was born in Leeds, Yorkshire but now live in Tasmania, Australia. I took my tetley teabags with me - 100 of them for a two week cruise. You can get tea in your cabin if you order room service, from my recollection it was free with brekky and paid for other times. They did charge 2 Euro for a cuppa on deck (ie by the pool etc) and in bars but didnt charge me for a teapot of hot water with the cup, milk, sugar, same trimmings that you would get with a teapot of tea. So I never paid !!. I have read that as of May 2011 tea and coffee is going to be free. I'm still taking my tea bags next cruise. :o

Thanking you

Fussy dolphin - I too and a tea addict - was born in Leeds, Yorkshire but now live in Tasmania, Australia. I took my tetley teabags with me - 100 of them for a two week cruise. You can get tea in your cabin if you order room service, from my recollection it was free with brekky and paid for other times. They did charge 2 Euro for a cuppa on deck (ie by the pool etc) and in bars but didnt charge me for a teapot of hot water with the cup, milk, sugar that you would get with a teapot. So I never paid !!. I have read that as of May 2011 tea and coffee is going to be free. I'm still taking my tea bags next cruise. :o

I'm boarding the MSC Poesia on October 29, 2011, Manhattan Terminal. You're boarding at Port Everglades and joining us, eh? Welcome aboard. Been trying to organize a Meet & Mingle, with no activity on the Roll Call. Maybe we can get something organized from your departure date? joanne

32807 Hi - we will be on the same cruise - i have been writing on the 22nd - 29th board because we start on the 22nd and stay on for 19 nights so will still be onboard when you join the ship on 29th.;)

• 4 weeks later...
MSC Poesia.

Ann

My husband and I flew to Europe this time last year to board Poesia from Keil to New York = 18 nights of luxury. We are Melbournians. We will be on it again from 26 November for 20 nights around the Caribbean. It is safe to say we will keep enjoying MSC's hospitality as long as the price keeps being super worthwhile...

Is MSC just like Costa Cruises or much better. I disliked Costa. The annoucements were repeated like 4-5 times because of the different languages. Is the crew mainly European. Thank you, George

In Europe we all don't speak the same language. Both MSC and Costa are European (Italian) lines and since the passengers are mostly European, we like to hear announcements in a language we can understand. If this is unacceptable it would be best for you to cruise with an American based line.

Fussy dolphin - I too and a tea addict - was born in Leeds, Yorkshire but now live in Tasmania, Australia. I took my tetley teabags with me - 100 of them for a two week cruise. You can get tea in your cabin if you order room service, from my recollection it was free with brekky and paid for other times. They did charge 2 Euro for a cuppa on deck (ie by the pool etc) and in bars but didnt charge me for a teapot of hot water with the cup, milk, sugar that you would get with a teapot. So I never paid !!. I have read that as of May 2011 tea and coffee is going to be free. I'm still taking my tea bags next cruise. :o

there is tea available in the buffet all the time............we went up every evening before heading to our room and had tea and coffee..............

Is MSC just like Costa Cruises or much better. I disliked Costa. The annoucements were repeated like 4-5 times because of the different languages. Is the crew mainly European. Thank you, George

Hi George - I love MSC cruises but can't compare to Costa for you as I havent been on Costa but I can tell you that announcements are kept to a minimum and are in 5 languages. We didnt find them disturbing at all - we are fairly quiet people - I did find the hustle and bustle of entertainment crew on pool deck to be a bit much for me - 5 languages and shouting most of the time but others were enjoying the atmosphere - I prefered my balcony and a good book on sea days :)

there is tea available in the buffet all the time............we went up every evening before heading to our room and had tea and coffee..............

is this during buffet times or at "all" times ?? I must admit I didnt have a problem getting tea at any time but would have prefered to have it available when I was in my cabin so I didnt have to wander the ship to find a cuppa :p

is this during buffet times or at "all" times ?? I must admit I didnt have a problem getting tea at any time but would have prefered to have it available when I was in my cabin so I didnt have to wander the ship to find a cuppa :p

all the time.........just yell.......i'll bring u a cup ;)

Thank you Capri. Like on our Costa Cruise, What I didn't like is that almost each nationality stayed within their own group. Nobody intermingled with eachother, probably due to the language barrier, and my wife and I are friendly people. Capri, This comming November we'll be doing a trans atlantic starting in Rome and then to Florence and then onward to France, Spain, and then ending up in Florida. My wife and I love Italy very much and the people are great, George

Janet, what kind of tea does MSC provide? Wondering if I should pack my own teabags as well. :o

Quite a few...English breakfast, prince of Wales, early Grey. green tea, camomile and peppermint. There are probably others too. When you order at a bar or coffe shop they bring you a tub with a selection of tea bags in it for you to pick what you want. they also have a selection available at the buffet.

Not sure what they give you if you order it as breakfast in your cabin though. I always drink peppermint, so just get them to bring me hot water and I use my own in my cabin.

Janet, what kind of tea does MSC provide? Wondering if I should pack my own teabags as well. :o

We had Twinnings all flavours in the buffet including green tea varieties and decaf and some weirdy kinda stuff that I didnt like from the bars (very posh triangulated bags on draw strings) lol - they had weird flavours that I couldnt cope with. So I'm thinking if the buffet is open for tea at all hours I might not have to take my own - of course you can't beat a good cup of tetleys but I can cope with Twinnings English Breakfast as a substitute.

Hi,

Do you know if there is a "Meet & Mingle" reunion on board MSC Poesia, departing from NY Oct. 8 - Oct. 15, 2011.

Thank you in advance, see you on board.

Hi Bebette, If you sign up for the roll call for MSC you can click on Oct 8th-15th Canada New England Poesia sailing. I am hosting a Cruise Meet and Greet on Sunday,Oct. 9th probably around 11am place yet to be determined. I am going to lunch in the dining room after this,and anyone from the meet and greet can join me. If you sign up for the roll call,click on Oct.8th-15th Poesia cruise you can post a reply there that you want to be added to the cruise meet and greet. So far I have 26 people on the list. I am Kreader from Illinois. Hope this info. is helpful and you do read this post! Bye for now,Kendra

Archived