Family w/ Small Kids - Dr. Cave Beach

hyerpraise

Hello All,

We are docking in Montego Bay and looking for a beach trip that we can do on our own. We have a 5 & 3 year old. Obviously safety is our main issue and I use this caution in every port we go into. Is it safe to get a JUTA approved cab to go to Dr. Cave's Beach? Where do we go to pick up a cab for the ride back?

A side question, how does the $15 shuttle work that you can get dropped over at several locations? Is it better to just take a cab and get and make sure we agree on a price up front. About how much would I expect to pay for a cab of 4?

Thanks,

M&C

We were on the Conquest last week and we used the Hop On Hop Off Shuttle. We purchased our tickets in the cruise terminal it was $15.00 for adults and $8.00 for children, our son is 7. It made 4 stops. Rose Hall Shopping area, Doctor's Cave Beach, Margaritaville and the Craft Market. We got off at Doctor's Cave Beach and spent a few hours there and just went back to the ship. We really enjoyed our day there. I was kind of nervous about using a taxi so decided the shuttle was the way to go.

We also have small kids and leaving July 3 on conquest. Where are u going and when? I too have a 3 year old and very nervous about MBay. Any suggestions?

We are going in Sept with our 3 year old. Please post back what you ended up doing...

Thanks!

We were on the Conquest last week and we used the Hop On Hop Off Shuttle. We purchased our tickets in the cruise terminal it was $15.00 for adults and $8.00 for children, our son is 7. It made 4 stops. Rose Hall Shopping area, Doctor's Cave Beach, Margaritaville and the Craft Market. We got off at Doctor's Cave Beach and spent a few hours there and just went back to the ship. We really enjoyed our day there. I was kind of nervous about using a taxi so decided the shuttle was the way to go.

Could you please share more info about this HOHO bus. Is the $15 a return fare or one way. Does it run often? We are thinking of the Dr Cave Beach as well. I think the entrance fee is $5 per person? Where in the cruise terminal is this ticket booth located? Thanks

The price is $15.00 round trip. We purchased our tickets in terminal B. They charge it to your sail and sign card. We were told that the shuttle runs every 15 to 20 minutes, but when we were ready to leave a shuttle was waiting. I also wanted to let you know there are 2 lines at the counter, the line to your right is to purchase your ticket and the one on the left is to get your wrist band.

The price is $15.00 round trip. We purchased our tickets in terminal B. They charge it to your sail and sign card. We were told that the shuttle runs every 15 to 20 minutes, but when we were ready to leave a shuttle was waiting. I also wanted to let you know there are 2 lines at the counter, the line to your right is to purchase your ticket and the one on the left is to get your wrist band.

I think I overlooked something here. We will be docking at Falmouth. I presume you docked at Montego Bay? If so, I guess Falmouth wouldn't have an HOHO bus? Thanks

Archived