Live from the Caribbean Princess

Frugalist

Frugalist

Thank you for taking time out of your, what sounds like a great cruise to post these reports, We will be sailing on the April 2 2005 voyage & Im wondering if you could let me know what time you where able to disembark the ship in St Thomas as Im trying to determine the best time for tee off at Mahogany Run. Look forward to your reports each night but try to save some food for our sailing LoL enjoy the rest of your week.

Brent

To me one of the best parts of any cruise is watching as the ship enters and leaves port. I was up this morning at 5:00 to watch us enter St. Thomas. Best spot to watch: Deck 8 Forward. We were tied up around 6:30, then I went back to bed. I believe there was an announcement that we were cleared for disembarking around 7:30.

I got up around 9 to take a shower. Bent down the wrong way and did something to my back in that tiny little shower stall. Don't know if I'll be good to get off the ship today. Took some Aleve and waiting for it to kick in, so I thought I'd catch up on the forum.

Thanks for your thread. One of the best I've read since I'm going to be passing you in the terminal. Do they keep the order of the menus at the dining rooms the same from week to week or do they change? I'm trying to decide when to do alternative dining. We have a big group and have to plan in advance. Your info on Caribbean night being on Monday helps. ENJOY the rest of your week.

I'm pretty sure they stay the same from week to week. Tonight (Tuesday) is Italian night in the dining rooms. Island night up on deck after dinner.

wingnut, any idea what the best way to play is? Booked straight from the club with a taxis. looks like a tight fit. Be if you book on the ship it's 185 bucks. But the ship will wait for their our tours. I will be looking to play there in May when we go. Any help would be lots of help , I'm on the May 14 rollcall maybe you could post a reveiw there after your done. I hear that the ocean holes are a little tough. Good luck and may the wind be only at your back when you need it.:)

frugilist

thank you for the disembarktation time was real valuable info hope your back is ok & you are able to enjoy the rest of your cruise

cabana

What part of Ontario you from? we are booking our own times you are allowed to call Mahogany Run directly the Fri before you set sail to get tee times if you like e-mail me at bharrison@rogers.com for more info

thanks Brent

Thanks Furgalist for the listing the nights in the Dining room. I want to make reservations for the two alternate dining rooms and the balcony dinning and want to make these three reservation on the least appealing dining room nights. I have three nights that I have to make reservation as soon as I get on the ship, so this really helps me to make sure I get the right nights booked. Thanks and keep them coming.

CRLess, let me know how the Balcony Dining was. And who did you have to call for the reservations? Also do you have the option of picking the time of the Balcony Dinner? Or is the time set for you?

I've spent a little time in London myself. Now I live up the 401 a bit towards Toronto. Cambridge, well if you live here for a long time you know it's still Hespeler, Preston and Galt. We live in Hespeler. I play golf a few times a year maybe 60 or 70 rounds. lol And yes I'm still married to the same woman. I am done work around noon and that gives me the chance to play during the week when it's not too crowded . I love golf but a 6 hour round is not fun to me. Maybe a round at Innerkip this summer and we can chat about MR.

cheers, Bill.

PS , I looked at your bio. I went to high school at Montcalm.

Edeco:

My wife and I are gym rats, and we are always in the fitness center. Princess typically does offer spinning classes; we certainly had them on the Sapphire and the Diamond. Haven't been on the CP, but it is similar so I'm sure they have spinning. They charge $10 per person, per class, for spinning.

Bill

Would love to play a round with you sometime at Innerkip I have always wanted to play that course just never seem to get a chance. Both my wife & I play so that way I can go with the guys more often without getting in trouble LoL. Send me an e-mail so we can keep in touch to set up a round & i will tell you all about our experiance at Mahogany Run we are also staying in Orlando for a couple extra days & playing Magnolia & Lake Buena vista in the Disney courses.

Brent

Well Bill...I'm glad you ask this because I was starting to think my memory got lost again :D As far as I can recall ....Monday was Italian and Tuesday was Carbbean on my CP cruise a couple of weeks ago....so apparently they must have changed it. :confused:

BTW...thank you a gazzillion trillion times for your website!!! :)

Frugalist:

We are going to be on the Caribbean Princess in October. We enjoy cocktails in our cabin and want to know if it is possilbe to have liquor purchased in the ship's store delivered to our stateroom? RCI allows these types of purchases at a $9.50 per bottle surcharge. Thanks.

Frugalist,

Caribbean night is now on Monday? Could you list what order the menus are in now so I can update my Caribbean Princess website. I would surely appreciate it if you could.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!! :)

Bill

When I'm on vacation I have a hard time remembering what day is which. Tonight was Tuesday, right? LOL! Tonight was Italian night in the dining room and Rijstafel "Rice Table" Buffet in Caribe Cafe. Just like last night we chose to eat in the Caribe Cafe. This is the first cruise where we haven't eaten dinner in the dining room every night. We really love the Caribe Cafe. Monday night was definitely Caribbean night in the dining room and Bavarian specialties in the Caribe Cafe. Before that, my mind is a bit hazy. LOL

Tonight was also Island Party Night. Always lots of fun. Tomorrow....St. Marten.

Well Bill...I'm glad you ask this because I was starting to think my memory got lost again :D As far as I can recall ....Monday was Italian and Tuesday was Carbbean on my CP cruise a couple of weeks ago....so apparently they must have changed it. :confused:

BTW...thank you a gazzillion trillion times for your website!!! :)

Wow. that's a lot of thanks. Hope to get the 411 so I can make sure the info is current for everybody. :)

Bill

Frugalist,

Thanks for the update.

So on the eastern itinerary Saturday is sailaway dinner, Sunday is Capts. welcome aboard dinner (1st formal), Monday - Caribbean night, Tuesday Italian night, followed by deck party. Deck party used to be on Wednesday after leaving St. Maarten.

Again I, and future cruisers on Caribbean Princess thank you. Keep up the updates. :)

Bill

Frugalist,

Thanks for the update.

So on the eastern itinerary Saturday is sailaway dinner, Sunday is Capts. welcome aboard dinner (1st formal), Monday - Caribbean night, Tuesday Italian night, followed by deck party. Deck party used to be on Wednesday after leaving St. Maarten.

Again I, and future cruisers on Caribbean Princess thank you. Keep up the updates. :)

Bill

Ya got it! Do you put up the info on the Caribe Cafe? We are finding dinner there to be preferable to dinner in the dining room most of the time. Tonight we went to the Cafe because we wanted to try the different (for us) cuisine and we didn't feel like changing clothes again. What's the URL for your web site?

By the way, the Island Night Party was at the Neptune Pool, which is a first for us. All of the Island Night Parties we went to on the Grand and the Golden were at the aft adult pool. I think there's more room for dancing, watching and partying at Neptune's.

Frugalist:

We are going to be on the Caribbean Princess in October. We enjoy cocktails in our cabin and want to know if it is possilbe to have liquor purchased in the ship's store delivered to our stateroom? RCI allows these types of purchases at a $9.50 per bottle surcharge. Thanks.

I haven't looked this trip, but in the past I remember seeing a list of bottles you can have delivered to your room. Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I'll check the menu and try to get back to you.

Frugalist...this is so awesome of you to keep us informed!!! I was on the Caribbean Princess several weeks ago and the Caribe Cafe just blew me away. It was so wonderful that I booked again for the April 9th sailing :D so I can hardly wait...just a couple more weeks!!!

We have always eaten dinner in the Dining Room but after so many cruises, it just doesn't seem to WOW me as much anymore...so the Caribe was a welcome change for me and it's nice to hear how much you have enjoyed it. I found that a huge majority of passengers seemed fairly clueless about the Caribe...I'm so thankful for these boards or I could easily have missed it because previously I never made a habit of even checking out the Buffet for dinner. :)

Frugalist, thanks so much for this! We are coming aboard this Saturday and you are really building the excitment for us.

If it is possible, can you tell me what rums I can purchase and have delivered to my cabin? Would rather not cart a bottle from home but I could not get a straight answer from Princess on my options.

Keep those reports coming!

Frugalist - Thanks for the updates. I jump onboard the CP 4/2/05. I also have been checking in daily to see what the menus are as I want to book a couple nights at Sterlings. Did it last year and it was delish!! Since you seem to frequent the Cafe can you tell me if there is more than one Seafood night? I heard last year (after having dinner in the dining room) that they had lobster and other seafood on the buffet more than once and I was so mad to miss it!!!! Definitely going to check out the Seafood buffet the first night!! How are the deck parties? I missed them last year!!

Kim/Ft. Lauderdale

I'm not frugalist...I can answer your question...Sailaway...cold king crablegs and shrimp and both formal nights have lobster, crablegs and shrimp (Sunday and Thursday) :) The other nights had seafood of some type.

CRLess, let me know how the Balcony Dining was. And who did you have to call for the reservations? Also do you have the option of picking the time of the Balcony Dinner? Or is the time set for you?

We cancelled the balcony dinner for tonight as there are just too many shows we want to see tonight. We spent the day at Maho watching the planes land today, so we are really worn out. There is a comedian/magician in the Princess theater tonight as well as the international crew show, as well as comedian in Explorers. In order to catch all of those shows, we had to cancel the balcony dinner. Besides, how many nights in a row can you have surf and turf??????

We cancelled the balcony dinner for tonight as there are just too many shows we want to see tonight. We spent the day at Maho watching the planes land today, so we are really worn out. There is a comedian/magician in the Princess theater tonight as well as the international crew show, as well as comedian in Explorers. In order to catch all of those shows, we had to cancel the balcony dinner. Besides, how many nights in a row can you have surf and turf??????

Is tonight formal night in the main dining rooms? If not what night is it? Chefs maybe?

Bill

Bill

Bill, tonight (Wed) is the Chef's Dinner. I think it replaced the former French dinner. We are going to give Cafe Caribe a try tonight so that we can catch all the shows we want to se..

I wish I had your problem right now;) Get some rest you guys...... It is cold and rainy and just plain yuck here. So please enjoy a cold one for me tonite okay! I know Tommy would have loved to have a view of those planes in Maho, we will definately have to do that sometime. Have fun Chris

Linda

Archived