music question....

So.... how did you girls decide on songs for first dance, father/daughter, mother/son dances?

We were only going to do first dance but turns out Josh's mom wants to do a dance with Josh (which i totally didn't think either of them wanted to do). My dad isn't coming to my wedding (long story), and i don't really want to do a mother/daughter dance, unless my mom wants to do.

I am in between 3 songs for our first dance. Marry Me-train, Lucky-Jason Mraz/colbie calliat, and Everytime i close my eyes-Babyface. Josh likes them all....

Anyways, I talked to my FMIL and her ideas for songs for her and Josh were not anything we would do. She thinks EVERYTHING is a joke. Her first pick was War, and her second was London Bridge is falling down. Yeah, my wedding is NOT a joke and i'm playing either of those songs. I don't find it funny.

So now, it's all on me.

What songs did you guys pick and how did you decide?

We were at a loss for a while, even for our first dance. Truth is, I was driving to work about a month before our wedding and heard The Climax Blues Band's "I Love You" and let my wife hear it. We both loved it and made it our first dance.

As far as the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son and Cake Cutting and Garter, etc. songs we didnt really have any that were special to us, so we just went online to a couple of websites that had recommendations.

I know this will sound all goofy and ridiculous but I have been listening to TONS of music, especially on my Pandora where random stuff I've never heard will come up and just wait till something inspires me. I figure it's my wedding, and I want it to feel totally magical- so for instance, as soon as I hear John Mayer's "Free Fallin" I KNEW it had to be the Father Daughter dance... I don't know why, but I just thought it was perfect.

Same thing with the first dance, "Falling in Love in a Coffee Shop" (this is one you've probably heard in a jewelry commercial) as soon as I heard it, I thought it was the only song for first dance.

Seriously though, I am a ridiculously hopeless romantic. You could take the practical approach too and pick something and be done with it. ;):D

Haha- don't laugh at me.... Think I'm decided on a song for parents dance (if my mom wants to dance with me, we will dance at the same time as josh and his mom). Promise not to laugh! Backstreet boys! Haha. But seriously if u listen to the lyrics of "the perfect fan" its a great tribute to ur parents. How much u appreciate them and how much u have learned from them....josh laughed when I told him but after listening to the lyrics he said it was "ok". Haha

The prettiest song out there- listen to it. "You feel like home" by Chantel Kreviazuk. My friend played it at her wedding and I was in tears there....I knew it was the one for us. There is also a pretty one by Keith Urban- making memories of us.

Feels Like Home has been our song for the last 8 years - such a great song - I played it for him when we started dating!

So.... how did you girls decide on songs for first dance, father/daughter, mother/son dances?

We were only going to do first dance but turns out Josh's mom wants to do a dance with Josh (which i totally didn't think either of them wanted to do). My dad isn't coming to my wedding (long story), and i don't really want to do a mother/daughter dance, unless my mom wants to do.

I am in between 3 songs for our first dance. Marry Me-train, Lucky-Jason Mraz/colbie calliat, and Everytime i close my eyes-Babyface. Josh likes them all....

Anyways, I talked to my FMIL and her ideas for songs for her and Josh were not anything we would do. She thinks EVERYTHING is a joke. Her first pick was War, and her second was London Bridge is falling down. Yeah, my wedding is NOT a joke and i'm playing either of those songs. I don't find it funny.

So now, it's all on me.

What songs did you guys pick and how did you decide?

We are torn between 2 songs - Celine Dion - Because you loved me and Led Zeppelin - Thank you

My dad and I are going to dance to Butterfly kisses. It's fitting since that is the song we danced to at my Sweet 16. I know that's gonna make me cry. lol

Archived