Upgrading flights.

blitznbobs

I've never cruised the carribean with P&O before and am keen to go on ventura this january but what worries me is the flights. We usually book business class seats with my husband's air miles when going trans atlantic but as the flights are included we were thinking of just upgrading to premium economy. My husband wants to know if you get any increased baggage allowance doing this... I'm not sure you do but can some one settle this once and for all...

Thanks

BnBx

We went premium economy when we did the Caribbean last year, it's certainly worth doing for the extra room you get but you'll probably find you're too late, we were lucky there were no seats left when we booked but our TA kept our names knowing we wanted the upgraded seats and phoned us some 6 months later when there was a cancellation. There are only about 30 or so seats in premium economy so they get booked up quite fast

You can always book scheduled flights yourself, which is what we do, since the charter airlines don't offer the seating we require. Yes, it costs more, but for us it's essential.

If doing this it is always a good idea to travel at least the day before.

You can always book scheduled flights yourself, which is what we do, since the charter airlines don't offer the seating we require. Yes, it costs more, but for us it's essential.

If doing this it is always a good idea to travel at least the day before.

Dont entirely agree that scheduled is better. Seat pitch of Thomson is 33" and BA and Virgin 31", both in economy, although if you travel business then Thomson dont offer this as their Premium gives only a little more space than economy and not really comparable with BA/Virgin.

Last time I flew BA to Los Angeles, half our luggage went missing and we spent over three hours at the airport with immigration then queing to sort the luggage out.

When flying to Barbados with P&O charters, there is no immigration, no waiting for luggage, straight off the plane, onto a bus and direct to the ship and luggage delivered later to your cabin.

However each to their own

Brian

Dont entirely agree that scheduled is better. Seat pitch of Thomson is 33" and BA and Virgin 31", both in economy, although if you travel business then Thomson dont offer this as their Premium gives only a little more space than economy and not really comparable with BA/Virgin.

Last time I flew BA to Los Angeles, half our luggage went missing and we spent over three hours at the airport with immigration then queing to sort the luggage out.

When flying to Barbados with P&O charters, there is no immigration, no waiting for luggage, straight off the plane, onto a bus and direct to the ship and luggage delivered later to your cabin.

However each to their own

Brian

Brian I didn't say flying scheduled was better - just that for us it's essential, since my husband can't sit up for 8 hours! As I said, the charter airlines don't offer us the seating we require!

We flew to Barbados with VA in March and were in our hotel 20 minutes after landing!

It's an alternative.

Our flights this coming cruise are with Thomas Cook and we absolutely dread that part of this holiday. We had exactly the same last time we cruised with P&O and my seat was extremely uncomfortable. With a back problem, feeling the bar across the back at the bottom of my spine was not an option I could tolerate for 8 hours or more, so I stood for quite some time. I hate complaining and was fully aware that it was only a charter flight, but after about an hour, a cabin steward asked me if there was a problem and when I explained, he and his colleagues set about taking our two seats apart and rebuilding them making them far more comfortable. Leg room was not an issue at any time. On the return journey, my husband predicted that we'd get the same plane back to UK and I laughed, being fully aware that charter flights are forever busy all over the place, but yes you've guessed it, we had exactly the same plane, same seats and nothing had been done to rectify the problem even though a promise had been made that it would be reported so we both immediately took the seats apart ourselves and rebuilt them exactly as we'd seen the crew do previously. Surely we won't get the same plane again ......... please, no!!!! I had hoped we would get Thomson flights this time, but no such luck. If we could afford it this year, we would seriously consider scheduled flights as they are, without any doubt whatsoever, so much better but unfortunately it was not an option for us at this particular time.

Archived