Oceania Pressing Service - ???

Wannaknow

Am in the throes of packing for the 1st time to Alaska:eek:. If you need things pressed upon arrival - about how long does it take for them to get the clothing back to you? Also, does anyone know the apx. cost?

One more thing please, does Oceania provide hand/body lotion in the cabins?

Many thanks!

Am in the throes of packing for the 1st time to Alaska:eek:. If you need things pressed upon arrival - about how long does it take for them to get the clothing back to you? Also, does anyone know the apx. cost?

One more thing please, does Oceania provide hand/body lotion in the cabins?

Many thanks!

They charge the same for pressing as for wash/press and same day service is 50% dearer:

003607.jpg

Enjoy Alaska! (I think Hondorner is sailing with you, please tell him (and the divine Betsy) that Stan & Jim say hi!)

I thing we had lotion also.

There are irons and boards in the laundry room and as soon as we unpack we take our shirts, etc down and touch up the collars and fronts. Everyone else is still using the machines so the irons are usually free.

True pressing takes overnight at minimum.

oops!. I forgot part two.

No hand or body lotion in the standard cabins.

I guess you haven't stayed in any "standard" cabins. We do get hand lotion and shampoo and conditioner and face and shower soap!! Even get a hand held dryer!! And would you believe, even a small fridge!!:rolleyes: Arlene

They provide hand/body lotion even in the cheap seats

Shampoo, creme rinse, bath soap & showergel also

We use the irons in the laundry room much quicker & cheaper;)

I guess you haven't stayed in any "standard" cabins. We do get hand lotion and shampoo and conditioner and face and shower soap!! Even get a hand held dryer!! And would you believe, even a small fridge!!:rolleyes: Arlene

When we sailed in standard cabins, there was no hand lotion to be found, but have since been informed (just today) that because so many people take the lotion home with them, the bottles are constantly in short supply.

I guess that if we had asked, they would have given us some, but to be honest, when it wasn't there, I assumed that it was a Suite-only thing and never mentioned it.

It never appeared later in the cruise, but perhaps that was an oversight on the stewards' part.

As an aside, I'm not crazy about the hand creme that is furnished in the Suites (Hermes). It has far too much scent, and an unpleasant greasy texture.

When we sailed in standard cabins, there was no hand lotion to be found, but have since been informed (just today) that because so many people take the lotion home with them, the bottles are constantly in short supply.

I guess that if we had asked, they would have given us some, but to be honest, when it wasn't there, I assumed that it was a Suite-only thing and never mentioned it.

It never appeared later in the cruise, but perhaps that was an oversight on the stewards' part.

As an aside, I'm not crazy about the hand creme that is furnished in the Suites (Hermes). It has far too much scent, and an unpleasant greasy texture.

Since our first Oceania voyage in October 2003 we've always had hand lotion....perhaps your cabin attendance just forgot you....Arlene

Thanks all - it's a relief to know there are irons in the laundry room and we are on Deck 7.

If there isn't any hand lotion, I will ask as for some reason I bought everything in reasonable sizes except hand lotion:rolleyes:.

Archived