Boards seem to be running much better of late

PartyAllDaTyme

It's easy to notice when pages take forever to load or error messages pop up, but when things are running smoothly it's easy to take it all for granted. I've noticed that I'm having far fewer troubles lately than in the past. Thank you, CC! Your efforts are appreciated!:)

Has anyone else noticed the improvement, or are you still having trouble?

I agree. It's much better. It's been working like it's supposed to. They never announced a fix that I'm aware of, but obviously they finally found the trouble.

I believe one of the moderators mentioned that it had to do with the ultra long threads that had been going for years. Try this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=261

Today it seems good. Last night it seemed it was taking a while for a thread to change from main page to thread content.

Yep the site is definitely working much better lately.

I echo the comments above, thanks and well done the to Cruise Critic staff that have worked long and hard to try and solve those annoying freezes and hangs.

Appreciate your ongoing efforts thanks :D

And to top it off AT&T just flipped the switch last night on some newly installed cell phone towers and bathed my part of north-central West Virginia in glorious 3G speed Internet for my iPhone, a HUGE improvement over the previous crap Edge Network. Now Cruise Critic seems lightning fast! Yea!

It's easy to notice when pages take forever to load or error messages pop up, but when things are running smoothly it's easy to take it all for granted. I've noticed that I'm having far fewer troubles lately than in the past. Thank you, CC! Your efforts are appreciated!:)

Has anyone else noticed the improvement, or are you still having trouble?

Good post as usual 'PartyAllDaTyme' -

Yes I have noticed and it is enjoyable but one area stumps me and is actually worse - much worse :/

I cannot for the life of me, get the 'search for your posts/threads' function to work -

I can only get May 15th so far and this is the end of June :O and it is getting further & further away :/

Shame 'cause while it was slow before, now its almost nonexistant at least for me...and very annoying 'cause its so far behind & I can't look up questions I have asked and need answers to since I don't always remember to write them down for the next time I am on..

I do not understand why this is such a problem to fix - they even admit they are having problems but that was a month or even more ago and its still awful - Are they woking on it or just saying they are :/

Anyone else notice this?

Archived