Split walking tour

I wanted to see if anyone has used the tour guides available at the tourist info center in Split. It's 12 euros, much cheaper than whats being offered through the cruise ship, and it seems like a reasonable walk from the port to the center of town, so we shouldn't need transfers.

It seems there is no need to book in advance - just turn up 10 minutes beforehand and tickets are available on the spot from your guide. They have tours running every couple of hours.

Thanks,

I wanted to see if anyone has used the tour guides available at the tourist info center in Split. It's 12 euros, much cheaper than whats being offered through the cruise ship, and it seems like a reasonable walk from the port to the center of town, so we shouldn't need transfers.

It seems there is no need to book in advance - just turn up 10 minutes beforehand and tickets are available on the spot from your guide. They have tours running every couple of hours.

Thanks,

That looks interesting. Do you have to pay in Kuna i wonder? We will be there next week and i have no tome to get Kuna....thought it was Euros....can i get it on board the Pacific Princess???

blondietoo, I'm not sure if you need to pay in local currency, it listed Euros as well as KN. I would imagine they accept Euros. I've asked for a confirmation and will let you know if I hear back.

If you decide to use them, please let me know how the experience was. $40 from Princess vs. 12 Euros is quite a difference and everyone tells me it's a very easy walk from the ship to the center of town and the palace. It also gives us flexibility to go at our leisure.

When we were in Split a few weeks ago there was more than one company offering walking tours from the main square. We used Unique Walking Tours, operated by Travel 49, and can highly recommend the service. Our guide for the 1.5 hour, 80 kuna tour was informative, funny and personable. Very worthwhile.

Hi Keith,

The walking tour was in and around the Diocletian's Palace and Old Town. We found it a good introduction for our own explorations later in the day. And a small group - seven of us in all, made it even more enjoyable.

blondietoo, I'm not sure if you need to pay in local currency, it listed Euros as well as KN. I would imagine they accept Euros. I've asked for a confirmation and will let you know if I hear back.

If you decide to use them, please let me know how the experience was. $40 from Princess vs. 12 Euros is quite a difference and everyone tells me it's a very easy walk from the ship to the center of town and the palace. It also gives us flexibility to go at our leisure.

Many thanks. Hoping i can get local currency on board.

We were in Split last May and 6 of us were planning to DIY, including walking to the Diocletians Palace to join one of the walking tours later in the day - they were sceduled to run at 10.30am, 12.00 and 14.00.

As we left the port gates there were a couple of the Split Vision City Tour buses lined up across the road, with ladies enticing us to join their tour. They were conducting a bus tour of the area, which took about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs, followed by the walking tour of the Palace - all for 120 kuna = about $25. We decided to board. You could also pay in Euros.

We enjoyed both the bus tour and the walking tour. The whole thing took about 3 hours and we thought was good value.

The tour finished at the Palace just before noon. We then had a further wander through the Palace area, found a taverna where we enjoyed some wine and beer (both excellent) and people watched before purchasing some great pizza from a "hole in the wall".

It's an easy stroll back to the port area from the Palace. On the way, we discovered a market and enjoyed a gelato, before returning to the ship by mid-afternoon.

It was a very pleasant, relaxing and quite inexpensive day.

Archived