Passports/Birth Certificates for children

Livestotravel

When checking in at the ship (specifically RCI's Voyager of the Sea) before a cruise to Bermuda, will we need to show current passports? What is required of small children traveling with their parents? Once you have successfully boarded the ship, is there further need of proof of citizenship once you reach Bermuda and wish to disembark? I get mixed messages on this subject, including from government sites, so hope someone with actual experience will answer! Especially about the children, since the adults normally bring passports as ID anyway.

Children need a passport or birth cert. What they don't need is a picture ID(yes I know the passport is a picture id). a birth cert for Bermuda on a ship is enough if you are US citizen for a child. Remember however if you must leave the ship to return to the US a passport may be required to get back to the US. Once you have your seapass that and a picture id is all that is required of an adult. They sort of waive at what you show them in Bermuda...

I have cruised twice to Bermuda and once with my children. None of us have passports and the kids did not have photo ID. (ages 9 and 13). Your sea pass card works as your ID each time you get on the ship. When you first board the cruise ship, they will take your picture and it is associated with the card that you are given. It is your room key, sea pass, and ID card all in one. When you leave the ship, you must be sure to bring ALL your cards with you because to get back on the ship, you have to have your card scanned so they can make sure it is the right person getting back on the ship. If you do not have passports, make sure you have the Birth Certificates with the raised seal.

We were asked to make a copy of our passport page to bring with our sea pass when exiting and reboarding in Bermuda.

Who asked you to do this? It is really not needed unless you plan on not making it back to your ship before it leaves port.

Archived