FVC and using a TA

gill_boo

When I booked throught a TA, she would call up the cruise line and talk to a reservation person and book the cruise. In other words, she just did what I could do in the first place. And if I had a question for her, she would call them and then get back to me with an answer. And if she wasn't available by phone and I called Carnival direct, they wouldn't talk to me.

Didn't quite get the point in all that middle man interference . . .

I booked on-line using an internet TA, paid full deposit, and then mailed the certificate to Carnival to be used as partial payment against the outstanding balance. Worked for me, and less "middle-man" issues.

Just wondering how this works. I have a FVC from my Dream cruise last spring and we want to book the Victory for this fall. How do the TA's deal with them?

Whats a FVC?? is this a FCC or you missed ports and have some 20% off, or what are you asking about?

If its a FCC, then I think you can still do it online yourself. It will be applied to your balance due. Since it cant be used toward a deposit .. it wouldnt be a problem.

Actually, it's a Future Carnival Vacation Certificate (FCVC).

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html

Most people call them FCCs... including Carnival. You no longer have to mail them in, you file them online so this needs updating. OP sorry, I still dont understand the question.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Filed under: Loyalty Cruise Vacation Program, Future Cruise Credit, onboard credit, FCC

Archived