Disney Cruiseline Wishlist Destinations

serena_17

Hi

If you had control of Disney Cruise Line destinations for the following year and could have any destination in the world, what would it be?

Given the larger ships that are making their way to Australia for cruise season (such as Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Spirit, Celebrity Solstice), I wouldn't mind seeing one of the ships make their way to Sydney for our summer cruise season (Nov - Apr).

Itineraries would include NZ and Sth Pacific (Fiji, Vanuatu, etc) and could repo out of Hawaii.

Thoughts?

I would suggest for the Magic and Wonder:

- More 14 day cruises between Florida and California in winter

- regularly scheduled 10, 11, and/or 14 night Caribbean cruises out of Pt. Canaveral

For any of the ships:

- 7 night (or longer) cruises in summer going north from NYC or Boston.

Bermuda!

That's the first place I thought of, too.

I'd also like to see them go to places like Anguilla, Antigua, Martinique... anywhere in the British West Indies, actually.

I'm a little tired of Nassau, and I've only been there twice. I'd like to see some of the short cruises skip Nassau. Maybe something like: PC -> Castaway -> Key West -> Castaway -> PC.

But, I remind myself that 'Nassau' is painted right on the ship, so maybe I'm just dreaming.

I'd like to see the new ships do something other than the Caribbean! I don't mind the Caribbean so much, but I hate cruising out of Florida, as the ILs live there and any trip to Florida means a trip to visit them. :( But I want to try these new ships!

I'd like to see the new ships do something other than the Caribbean! I don't mind the Caribbean so much, but I hate cruising out of Florida, as the ILs live there and any trip to Florida means a trip to visit them. :( But I want to try these new ships!

Considering their investment in the port facilities, long term lease, and proximity to Disney World I wouldn't hold my breath that two of their ships won't be berthed at Port Canaveral for at least the next decade.

That said, they could cruise to Bermuda, the Southern Caribbean, and a variety of Latin ports out of there. I think the big question is at what point do they hit a price point where they can't fill cabins, because many of those ports require longer cruises or higher port charges.

It seems that they should be able to find some new ports even in the eastern/western Caribbean that would be interesting and enticing to the many people who I think have stopped or will stop cruising DCL because they want a change in itinerary.

The Caribbean is a cash cow for them. It makes sense for them to put their two newest/biggest ships on those runs. They can then move the two older ships around doing "specialty" cruises depending on the season... IE The Wonder doing Alaska in the summer, Mexico in the Winter, and a run or two to Hawaii. It sounds like she is in the Pacific from now on...

I'm a little tired of Nassau, and I've only been there twice. I'd like to see some of the short cruises skip Nassau. Maybe something like: PC -> Castaway -> Key West -> Castaway -> PC.

But, I remind myself that 'Nassau' is painted right on the ship, so maybe I'm just dreaming.

I completely agree. I wish they did more short cruises besides Nassau. I like Key West and wouldn't mind seeing more stops there. Mix up the short cruises a bit!

Archived