Teen friendly recommendations

Good question above ... age of the kids make a difference. That being said, in our general opinion: For beaches we love Grand Cayman, Bermuda, Aruba, St. Maartin and St. Thomas, and for an excursion to something "you don't see every day" we recommend the Mayan Ruins near Cozumel.

Michael and Silke

IMHO you can not go wrong with any ship or itinerary. We have taken our kids on three cruises. Their ages at the time of cruising ranged from 10 - 19 years. They have been on Sovereign class, Radiance class and Voyager class ships. They have been on Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean routes. They have loved all of the ships and all of the itineraries. Their two favorite excursions were the Mayan ruins in Costa Maya and a catamaran excursion where they got to snorkel with turtles in Barbados.

Last spring, my teen snorkeled in Roatan, went to ruins in Costa Maya, and we went to an AI at Cozumel. His favorite day was Cozumel at Nachi Cocum. We snorkeled there, but he ordered as many "mocktails" as he could drink and all the food he could eat and "chilled" under the palapa. I think to quote him, "This is the life!" So he was thrilled just to chill.

It was spring break and he is on the AP track at our school, so he carries a heavy workload. I think the break was awesome for him!

It also depends on the teen.

My kids have always loved any kind of an excursion where they are doing something and being active. Snorkeling , swimming with dolphins, sting rays, rafting, cave tubing . All of that . They love it

Make them walk through a shopping center in and out of stores (except for the girls) , museums, ruins or whatever you will have a mutiny.

But keep them active , they are having a ball. Just like at home

Speaking as an older teenager who's not quite one for beaches...

ST. THOMAS

I happen to be a person that really really likes free stuff and OH MAN does St. Thomas deliver. Get a Port and Shopping Guide (you only need one) and a few coupons and just run around. It's like a scavenger hunt for really cheap people.

COZUMEL

Mayan Ruins. The ship-based excursion will take up your whole day in port so we didn't do that, but I'm assuming you can go it alone and at your own pace. They did serve me alcohol without my knowledge at Senor Frog's when I was 14 though, so you may want to steer clear.

GRAND CAYMAN

Dolphins. Floating around in the pouring rain with 10 other people and an absurdly friendly dolphin (Nemo!) is one of my most memorable experiences to date and one I'll remember forever.

It really depends on the age and where the child is from/like. As a kid from Florida, I was tired of the "let's sit on a beach" idea. My family opted for the Cave/Dune Buggy Excursion in Belize, String Ray Encounter in Grand Caymen and a specialized snorkel tour in Cozumel (No offense, but when you know what you are doing and what you are looking for, snorkeling with a large group of tourists can be tedious and dull.)

But If the children are younger they won't be able to do these activities, they would have to go with the more kid oriented excursions like the beaches with inflatable toys and slides in the water. So it depends on age, and preference

Thanks for the responses. I was just looking for something to change it up a bit. We've done easten, western and southern. We;ve done beaches, kayaks, jetskis, monkeys, sting rays, fishing, island tours, and various snorkel trips. Cruiseguy1016- What was the name of the snorker/turtle catamaran in Barbados?

Archived