Looking For Port Info Guide for Nha Trang

FinelyRetired

Anyone have one they may have rec'd while aboard Diamond or Ocean?

This is not an available PDF on the Princess website Ports of Call section.

If unable to scan, I'm esp.. interested in where Diamond tenders dock in relation to the town. Walkable? One member of my group has been there before on a land tour & only wants to stroll the town that day.

Thanks, Martha

Hello Martha

We visited Nha Trang whilst on the Diamond. I have attached a scanned copy of the Princess Port Guide. It's not a great guide and apologies for the poor quality of the scanning. Better quality versions were too big to upload.

Anyway, the ship tenders to a dock a few miles away from the centre of Nha Trang, however Princess provided free shuttle buses which ran back and forth all day to nearby the market.

The one place worth visiting is the Ponagar Cham Tower. Everything is walkable if you are fit and able.

Hope this is useful - just ask if you have more questions - happy to help. We really enjoyed our visit there

Julie

Nha Trang 1.pdf

Nha Trang 2.pdf

Nha Trang 3.pdf

Our CC group had a wonderful day in Nha Trang..we organised a private tour which took us to the embroidery school (more interesting than you would think)..a childrens orphange run by Bhuddist nuns where we donated some gifts and money to the children, the Dam market good bargains, a boat tour on the river a visit to the tower and lunch all for a rock bottom price.

It was one of the best tours I had ever taken I can check for you who it was with if you like...

Nha Trang is a pretty little seaside town with a promenade and gardens all along the seafront.

Anyway, the ship tenders to a dock a few miles away from the centre of Nha Trang, however Princess provided free shuttle buses which ran back and forth all day to nearby the market.

Is the market you have circled on page 3 the market the free shuttle goes to? Thanks for your help.

Hello Martha

We visited Nha Trang whilst on the Diamond. I have attached a scanned copy of the Princess Port Guide. It's not a great guide and apologies for the poor quality of the scanning. Better quality versions were too big to upload.

The one place worth visiting is the Ponagar Cham Tower. Everything is walkable if you are fit and able.

Hope this is useful - just ask if you have more questions - happy to help. We really enjoyed our visit there

Julie

Thanks a bunch Julie!

This information will help the gal who has been there before decide

whether or not she wants to simply DIY in town that day or join the other 2 of us on a 1/2 day private tour to the tower & boat ride/countryside.

Martha

Is the market you have circled on page 3 the market the free shuttle goes to? Thanks for your help.

Yes, you get dropped off at a cafe/rest stop about 5 mins walk from this market (Dam Market). It is very much a market for locals, with just a few stands selling nick naks for tourists - the rest being vegetables etc. The boat docks at Cau Da Port which is right at the bottom of the map and the shuttle takes you along the coast road (apologies again for the map quality if you can't read it)

One thing I would say for those thinking of going it alone is that there is virtually no street signage and the streets are like a rabbit warren in the centre so it is VERY easy to get lost.

The map on the guide isn't good enough to use for that purpose - its more an indicator as to which direction to wander in. There are people offering rickshaw-type things if you do get lost though. We had to rely on my husband's "sense of direction" :eek: although the locals were happy to help (thank goodness!)

If I remember correctly, my first visit to Nha Trang, we took a jeep or was it a duece and a half? (Military folks will understand).;)

The last couple of times we took the ship shuttle and then went out on our own. The guys pedalling the small people movers are very inexpensive and will certainly love your business. They don't speak much, if any, English but seem to know where all the tourist high spots are. We had them take us to the temple and the market and then back to the spot where the shuttle had dropped us all for around $5 each. They parked and waited for us at any spot where we wanted to spend time. If I remember correctly, we had their services for almost 4 hours.

Yes you must be brave and not even look when they cross some intersections but it was one of the highlights of our trip.:)

Thanks a bunch Julie!

This information will help the gal who has been there before decide

whether or not she wants to simply DIY in town that day or join the other 2 of us on a 1/2 day private tour to the tower & boat ride/countryside.

Martha

Hi Martha & Trudy --

We are looking at booking this tour in 2012 and are anxious to know how your tour went.... Can you tell us how much it cost for the 3 of you? Does this tour also stop at the orphanage? Have fun planning your adventure. We are!!!

Carol

Archived