New to Palo...questions...

pampaul

We're going on the Fantasy next June and will probably reserve Palo one of the nights. We have previously been on the Magic but never went to Palo.

I notice that you can make advanced reservations and since we've been on Disney before, we can make them 90 days ahead. We're also traveling with family that has never been with Disney, so they can call 75 days ahead. When we make our ressies, can we just reserve a table for 4 since we want to sit together? How does that work out?

Plus I looked online to find a Palo menu and found one here http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Palo-Menu.jpg She mentioned that she had a pizza as an appetizer then an entree then dessert, along with some antipasto, I believe. This is all included in the price? I guess I read the menu to mean you could have a pizza OR an entree. Could someone explain? And I'm assuming that you can order only one appy/entree/dessert per person here, correct?

Thanks!!!

We're going on the Fantasy next June and will probably reserve Palo one of the nights. We have previously been on the Magic but never went to Palo.

I notice that you can make advanced reservations and since we've been on Disney before, we can make them 90 days ahead. We're also traveling with family that has never been with Disney, so they can call 75 days ahead. When we make our ressies, can we just reserve a table for 4 since we want to sit together? How does that work out?

Plus I looked online to find a Palo menu and found one here http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Palo-Menu.jpg She mentioned that she had a pizza as an appetizer then an entree then dessert, along with some antipasto, I believe. This is all included in the price? I guess I read the menu to mean you could have a pizza OR an entree. Could someone explain? And I'm assuming that you can order only one appy/entree/dessert per person here, correct?

Thanks!!!

As long as they do not change it, if you link your reservations and are all paid in full you can reserve a table for all the adults at your 90 days.

They will not be able to book shore trips etc to their booking window.

There is a cost / a fee for Palo but that will cover all of the food, however muck you order.

I have had a fruit/berry pizza as a starter and its very nice.

They tend to push you to order anything, but you can order smaller portions if you want, or mix and match with your table partners, ie 50/50 of pizza type.

You will get too full, so pace yourself, you can ask to take the food, say your desserts to go if you fill up. We took ours for our kids.

Palo has dinner on all cruises, it also has Brunch and afternoon tea, on the sea days of cruises that are of seven nights and longer.

Where its available you can book one of each.

I suggest you book asap at your booking window, ie 00.00 Eastern USA time when your window opens.

I believe the standard size pizza in Palo is about 8" wide, so it really is a personal, snack sized serving. So, if you wanted pizza as a main course, you would likely need to order more than one, which I don't expect would be any problem at all.

You certainly can order a pizza plus a main course, plus a few more courses, without any extra charge (beyond the standard surcharge).

Just a note, everyone (including your friends) has to be paid in full prior to the 90 day mark for you to be able to book Palo for your group. You also should make sure your reservations are "linked" for dining purposes so you'll be able to pull up them when you book. Ask your TA or DCL (whomever you booked through) to ensure this is done. You'll be able to book all Palo for yourself and them, but not shore excursions they'll have to wait until their window opens for that.

I believe the standard size pizza in Palo is about 8" wide, so it really is a personal, snack sized serving. So, if you wanted pizza as a main course, you would likely need to order more than one, which I don't expect would be any problem at all.

Yes, the pizzas are about that size, and are absolutely delicious. But I hope you'll get the full experience at Palo by ordering something a bit more adventurous and tasty.

You can also ask your server to bring you bite-size samples if you want to taste-test something that is new to you and your taste buds.

You can definitely include your "DCL virgins" on your Palo ressie. And remember that if you are unable to get an advance reservation, make a beeline to the Palo table onboard the ship immediately after boarding; they do hold a certain percentage of tables for onboard booking. And if that fails, try calling Palo several times a day while onboard in case they have gotten any cancellations.

Thanks!!!

Yes, both of our reservations are "linked" so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll just have to make to sure to tell them to make sure they're all paid up at the booking time.

We've made a reservation for Palo, but not on our preferred night. How easy is it to change nights once onboard? I realize it probably depends on various circumstances, but wondered if anyone has had success changing a Palo reservation once onboard.

We've made a reservation for Palo, but not on our preferred night. How easy is it to change nights once onboard? I realize it probably depends on various circumstances, but wondered if anyone has had success changing a Palo reservation once onboard.

They do hold back some go straight to where Palo ressies are being arranged on embarkation and ask, also keep an eye on the website as people cancel.

Archived