Maya or Nohoch

cruisinlawn

:confused:can't decide...have read many nice things about both Maya Chan and Nohoch. Is either more off the beaten path and away from the crowds? I know both that a limited # of people. It seems one charges more pp then the other and only trying to figure the difference. Any input is appreciated. :)

I've been to Nohoch Kay and loved it. The food, drinks, and service were all spectacular. One thing I would point out is that Nohoch Kay is fairly quiet, so if you are looking for more of a rowdy good time, this probably isn't the best place for you. When I went in October 2010 it was $40pp all-inclusive, which also gave you use of the hobie cats and such. I don't know what Maya Chan charges, but I definitely felt like I got a lot of bang for my buck at Nohoch.

nope, quiet is our preference. I have found that Maya is $59pp, which incl transport cost to/from. I have read many good things about both locations. Is Nohoch somewhat secluded? It does seem that Maya is off the beaten path by itself, which is fine with us. Curious as to the set up at Nohoch.

When we booked online for Maya Chen, he only charged us $56/PP. Not sure why. I haven't been there yet, but we chose it because that price included everything (transportation, food, top shelf drinks, private palapa, kayaks, snorkeling equipment, bikes, and sand golf). That seems like it's gonna be a lot for the amount of money we're paying. Hopefully we won't be disappointed!!!

We went to Maya Chan in January and absolutely loved it! Seems thats it was about a 20 minutes ride from the port, not bad at all. We had an awesome palapa to ourselves and incredible service, food and drinks! It felt like a deserted island, very few people and and everyone was so laid back and quiet and just into their own thing. It poured rain at one point and it was so cool sitting in our palapa watching the rain but staying dry. One of the waiters climbed the palm tree right next to us, cut off a coconut and opend it up for me and brought it to me with a straw, very neat experience! Can't say enough about this place. The people that work there are so great and so concerned that you have a perfect day! We don't even drink alcohol and thought it was totally worth every penny!!

nope, quiet is our preference. I have found that Maya is $59pp, which incl transport cost to/from. I have read many good things about both locations. Is Nohoch somewhat secluded? It does seem that Maya is off the beaten path by itself, which is fine with us. Curious as to the set up at Nohoch.

Nohoch is near the very end of the malecon. It's not secluded in the same sense as Maya but is a bit isolated from the main malecon traffic which tends to migrate only down to Pez Quadro. Jaime does keep the vendors away though if they try to bother his guests. To compare prices add $5 pp for RT taxi to Nohoch.

Jiame at Nohoch does take very good care of his guests and the beach is clean and spectacular. His food is very good. Coupel of killer hotsuces that make the fish and shrimp tacos. Shrimp ceviche is piled high.

Thanks Sweeper...looks like we're going to Maya. After DW read EMc&DrS review she was done. It'll give us a reason to go back to CM and experience Nohoch. Thanks all for the info.

Yeah, they should hire Ed to do their PR:D He and his DW had a fabulous time. And he gave a great pictorial of the place. Enjoy your visit as much as they did.

This place looks terrifc and we are seriously considering it vs. getting off the ship and staying at the free pool/village they built near the dock. With thousands of other pasengers with the same thinking, we like the limited number of cruisers allowed at this beach at a time. Place looks beautiful and the reviews are great! A few questions... how long is the time on the beach not including the 20 minute drive to and from the ship? Is the only way to get in on this trip is to book it online before we sail? What about cancellation if bad weather,etc.? Any more help would be greatly appreciated from past cruisers! Many thanks!!!

This place looks terrifc and we are seriously considering it vs. getting off the ship and staying at the free pool/village they built near the dock. With thousands of other pasengers with the same thinking, we like the limited number of cruisers allowed at this beach at a time. Place looks beautiful and the reviews are great! A few questions... how long is the time on the beach not including the 20 minute drive to and from the ship? Is the only way to get in on this trip is to book it online before we sail? What about cancellation if bad weather,etc.? Any more help would be greatly appreciated from past cruisers! Many thanks!!!

The last time we were at Maya Chan(Jan. 2011), we arrived about 9:30am and left about 3:30pm, it all depends on the ships departure. The only way to book is in advance online and they do limit the number of guests so if you wait till last minute they could be full. Bad weather, ship can't dock etc. full refund. Any other specific questions just email Mark through their web site. We love the place, it's the most relaxing day we've ever had on a cruise(5 times and counting), yet there's plenty of stuff to do if you want as well, enjoy.

Archived