Labadee sidewalks = TROUBLE

suebee53

The sidewalks in Labadee are not contiguous; they don't connect to each other, and in places, they run out unexpectedly. My scooter got caught in sand at one point when the sidewalk ran out. (There were a couple of Labadee guys who picked it up and carried it to a working sidewalk, and I'm sure they expected a tip. But I didn't take any money off the ship with me.)

At another point near Cafe Labadee, I discovered that the sidewalk ended across from the restroom and I had to get off my scooter and walk across the sand to get to it. People who can't walk would be in big trouble!

We're planning to do the same cruise next year with a different group of people, and I probably won't get off the ship unless I read here that RCCL has fixed this problem.

You haven't even mentioned the most dangerous thing at Labadee: the straw market. If you venture near, it feels like you're being eaten alive. I can't imagine getting having your scooter getting stuck there. :eek:

The sidewalks in Labadee are not contiguous; they don't connect to each other, and in places, they run out unexpectedly. My scooter got caught in sand at one point when the sidewalk ran out. (There were a couple of Labadee guys who picked it up and carried it to a working sidewalk, and I'm sure they expected a tip. But I didn't take any money off the ship with me.)

At another point near Cafe Labadee, I discovered that the sidewalk ended across from the restroom and I had to get off my scooter and walk across the sand to get to it. People who can't walk would be in big trouble!

We're planning to do the same cruise next year with a different group of people, and I probably won't get off the ship unless I read here that RCCL has fixed this problem.

Is Labadee an exclusive-to-RCCL resort? I just went off a did a search and see that it is. You certainly can raise the issue with them. Since Haiti is a foreign country, even though RCCL has their private resort there, there might be international issues that take precedents over their ability to 'fix" anything.

This is interesting because when we stopped there in December on Celebrity, I had no problem with my scooter, and I went everywhere. Of course I know not to drive it in the sand, but I was able to get into the market place, and the restaurant areas.

Archived