Best shopping area in Cozumel?

hondarr9

Dw & dd's don't want to do any excursions in Cozumel when we visit on the Oasis. They do however want to shop some there. What area would you recommend to shop in, and what is the best way to get there?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

There are many shops just as you step onto shore. It's the reason I look so forward to going back! Very open and beautiful, with tons of choices to choose from. I am sure it's only gotten better since my last visit! Shops galore, bars, restaurants, and the people are great and more accomodating than I could have imagined. I had seen a necklace and made a side comment of how it would be perfect as a braclet. One of the shopgirls took it off the shelf, and restrung every single tiny blue bead into a bracelet. I wear it often and think about how she made it into something just for me.........

You'll be docking at th eInternational Terminal. There's some shopping there but not like at Puerta Maya where mfissher probably docked.

I would recommend going to the shops on the streets just behind the main plaza in San Miguel (a couple of streets east, away from the ocean--Avenida 10 or 15. between Calls 3 Sur and Benito Juarez) I personally find the shops directly around the plaza and between the Plaza and the Punta Langosta pier to be too touristy oriented, overpriced before and after they "deal" and the vendors somewhat more aggressive, especially if few ships are in. You might try the shops at the Punta Langosta (downtown pier) mall for less hassle from vendors and a selection similar to Puerta Maya.

Cozumel Insider and Cozumelmycozumel web sites have good basic shopping guides to assist you.

You'll be docking at th eInternational Terminal. There's some shopping there but not like at Puerta Maya where mfissher probably docked.

I would recommend going to the shops on the streets just behind the main plaza in San Miguel (a couple of streets east, away from the ocean--Avenida 10 or 15. between Calls 3 Sur and Benito Juarez) I personally find the shops directly around the plaza and between the Plaza and the Punta Langosta pier to be too touristy oriented, overpriced before and after they "deal" and the vendors somewhat more aggressive, especially if few ships are in. You might try the shops at the Punta Langosta (downtown pier) mall for less hassle from vendors and a selection similar to Puerta Maya.

Cozumel Insider and Cozumelmycozumel web sites have good basic shopping guides to assist you.

Great tips. Thank you!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archived