Allure of the Seas June 19th Review with Pictures

Will, your review is really great, especially since we can see the pictures now. Hopefully you'll have time soon to finish the review. Thanks for taking the time.

• 1 month later...

Rest of the Night:

After watching the sunset, I went back to watch Ocean Aria again, this time to take some pictures. The show is really great!

SDC13407.jpg

Crowd getting ready for the show.

SDC13415.jpg

The show has begun!

SDC13424.jpg

I dive for my high school swimming/diving team, so it was awesome to watch the high divers!

SDC13435.jpg

These guys were insane!

SDC13440.jpg

I had shrimp for dinner....and chicken.....:rolleyes:

Tomorrow was my favorite day!!!!!!!

Next up: Falmouth, Jamaica

Falmouth, Jamaica

This was my second time to Falmouth. I was also there in April on the Navigator of the Seas. My review for that cruise, which also includes my thoughts on Falmouth, can be seen here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1403357

I like Falmouth. Although it's not done yet, it is a very nice port and will be awesome when it's finally finished.

Our excursion for today was Inner Tubing and Dunns River Falls. Unfortunately, I was unable to take many pictures at the excursion, because my camera would have been ruined, but I can say that it was probably one of the coolest things I have ever done. I would definitely do it again!

SDC13482.jpg

Pulling up to the dock

SDC13542.jpg

I love these

SDC13501.jpg

A view of the ship on our way to Ocho Rios

It took a pretty long time to get to Ocho Rios, and the bus wasn't very comfortable for napping. Once we got to the river, we got our tubes and went down a long path down to the river where we got in.

SDC13507.jpg

The path was off to the left and went down pretty far.

We must have been in the river for about an hour. It was so much fun just floating along through the river. Our tour guide was singing songs and making us laugh the whole time. It was just an awesome experience. If (when?) I do this again, I will be sure to bring a waterproof camera.

The river dropped us off right at a resort where we had lunch, which was included as part of the excursion. They had a beautiful beach, but we didn't have time to swim.

SDC13512.jpg

Here is the beach

We then went to Dunns River Falls. On my Navigator cruise in June, our tablemates did the Falls and said that they were very strenuous and dangerous and not what they were expecting at all. I sort of knew what they looked like but was amazed at how large they really were, and how fast the water was flowing. Again, I was unable to take any pictures here. If you do Dunns River Falls, bring a waterproof camera along with you.

We then had to drive all the way back to Falmouth. This is the only drawback I can see with this port. It just takes so long to get to where you need to go.

SDC13534.jpg

Allure back in port

Coming up: Rest of the day

Rest of Day 4

I made sure that I got a good spot for sailaway! I remembered this from the Navigator cruise, and was hoping that they would do it again. When the ships leave from Falmouth, all of the port workers come out and dance and play music and wish you a fond farewell.

SDC13573.jpg

It's really fun to watch, and makes your day feel extra special

SDC13593.jpg

I was paying enough attention to watch them drop the ropes. Off we go!

SDC13615.jpg

Bye bye Falmouth

This was the night of the top tier event for Platinum and above members of C&A. They did their normal talking, but they also had the main cast of Chicago come out and do a preview of their upcoming show called Summer Breeze that they were going to do in the AquaTheater.

SDC13650.jpg

Here they are giving us a preview

I didn't take any pictures of dinner tonight......... :confused:

This was also Quest night, always one of my favorites! Any night on a cruise is a favorite night, but Quest is something special!

SDC13653.jpg

All set up and ready to go

As usual, Quest did not disappoint and was hilarious.

Next up: Sea day #2

Day 5

Today was a sea day and we did lots of relaxing. It seemed as though the pools were very crowded during the day on sea days.

SDC13765.jpg

Here was the Beach pool

SDC13795.jpg

Here was the main pool

I did notice though that around 6 o clock, every day, the pools would be empty. I guess this was because there were a lot of people that were going to dinner, but if you ever want to have the pool to yourself, go after 6.

This day was also the belly flop contest.

SDC13818.jpg

BELLY FLOP!

SDC13826.jpg

All of the contestants

SDC13827.jpg

We have a winner!

I also got some great wake shots on this day

SDC13836.jpg

Here is one of them

Next: Rest of the day

Rest of day 5

We had lunch in Johnny Rockets this day, at it was very good. Their onion rings are delicious and the burger was so big that I couldn't even finish it.

SDC13872.jpg

Here is the inside of Johnny Rockets

After lunch I watched the aqua cast rehearse a little bit. It is just amazing to watch them dive from such great heights.

SDC13879.jpg

He's about to go!

There were also a lot of people on the zipline

SDC13844.jpg

WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Tonight was the second formal night, and was also lobster night. As you can guess, I got lobster.

SDC14001.jpg

YUM!

SDC14005.jpg

Desert was also delicious!

Next up: Cozumel, Mexico

Reading avidly! Thank you for taking the time to post these.

Those pool pix are out of control. Last cruise we saw such crowds in the pool was the Disney Wonder (pix below). YUCK.

Otherwise the Allure pix look great and the food is making me drool! I am thinking of doing what you did in Falmouth when we go. I do wish it was less traveling to that port too.

Katherine

1167306916_LG5Ty-L.jpg

I am thinking of doing what you did in Falmouth when we go. I do wish it was less traveling to that port too.

Katherine

We went to Ocho Rios a year ago on Freedom. We did a private tour that included river rafting, Dunns River Falls, and swimming in the Blue Hole (very few tours go there because the road is so bad). It was so much fun. We'd do it again.

Nancy

Cozumel, Mexico

This was my first time in Cozumel, and the first think I saw when I opened my curtain was that, besides the super bright sun, the water was SO BLUE!!!!!!!!! I was seriously amazed at how blue the water was. It wasn't the bright turquoisey blue that you'd find in St. Thomas and St. Maarten, which is also so pretty, but it was a crystal clear deep blue that had me mesmerized! I couldn't stop taking pictures of it.

SDC14053.jpg

View from our balcony

SDC14068.jpg

See what I'm talking about!?!?!?!? It's amazing. I can't wait to go back!

SDC14069.jpg

You can see straight to the bottom!!!!!!!

SDC14096.jpg

Okay, I think you get the point!

SDC14104.jpg

Here's my on the balcony!

SDC14112.jpg

Gotta take a picture of these every time!

Next up: More Cozumel!

Great review - I am really enjoying the food pictures and all your adventures. What is the Quest show?

Quest is impossible to explain. I tried to explain it to our tablemates on the Navigator, and I failed miserably. It's listed as an adult scavenger hunt. If you explain it how it actually happens, it sounds really lame, but it's actually hilarious and one of the highlights of the cruise!

I know that didn't really help you at all, but that's all I got! :p

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived