Carnival did something wonderful for my family! And...a question :)

newbieMom

Wow! Just Wow! A few months ago Carnival launched a "Build a Ship" contest to celebrate the launch of the Carnival Magic. It was super fun to enter, and my family won! All of the advertising for the contest, as well as the official rules stated that the grand prize was a cruise for 4 in an ocean view cabin on the Carnival Magic. We always get 2 ocean view cabins because we have three kids, so we knew the cruise would still cost us the price of a cabin for 2, plus tips etc... but hey...having one of our cabins paid for is huge!

Well, a couple of weeks ago we received our free cruise certificate from Carnival and were shocked to discover that they changed the prize to a cruise for 5 in a deluxe OV cabin!!! I never mentioned ANYTHING to Carnival about our needs! Our contest entry photo had our three children in it, that's the only way they could have known. I'm just stunned that they took notice of the three kids and adjusted our prize to accommodate our whole family. WOW!!!!!

Here's a link to a video my younger 2 made, and the contest photo is in my siggie :) (I wish I could make it bigger?)

So my question is, which itinerary do we choose? We've done Grand Cayman and Jamaica and loved it so that would be a safe way to go, but something new would be nice? Interested in any thoughts you may have! Carnival is the greatest!

You asked for opinions..so obviously..different people will choose what they like for different reasons. The Nassau..St Thomas..St Martin is the same itinerary as I had for my first cruise. I LOVE St Thomas and St Martin..I didn't care for Nassau..but I know that there are others who like it..I did however like Atlantis when we went over there on our tour.

The other itinarary is what I am doing on the Valor in October..except I am doing Grand Cayman instead of Costa Maya..I have never been to any of those ports..but I would suggest the Nassau..St Thomas..St Martin..great ports..and you haven't done it yet.

Congrats I was so happy to see that ya'll had won! :D Did you know that starting next May the Magic will add a third route? :) She'll be going to Belize, Roatan and Cozumel and this would be my choice esp. if you haven't been to Belize and Roatan before. Let us know what you choose!

You asked for opinions..so obviously..different people will choose what they like for different reasons. The Nassau..St Thomas..St Martin is the same itinerary as I had for my first cruise. I LOVE St Thomas and St Martin..I didn't care for Nassau..but I know that there are others who like it..I did however like Atlantis when we went over there on our tour.

The other itinarary is what I am doing on the Valor in October..except I am doing Grand Cayman instead of Costa Maya..I have never been to any of those ports..but I would suggest the Nassau..St Thomas..St Martin..great ports..and you haven't done it yet.

grand cayman is so much better in our opinion than costa maya, could have been cuz it was a last minute port due to storms, but we just walked off and then back on the ship no excursions sounded fun. lol

If I had to pick right now, I'd choose Roatan, Belize, Cozumel...but that means waiting until the kids are out of school next summer! The Magic won't even be in Galveston until November (I think) so unless we do Thanksgiving (not the best itinerary but I think JH will be the CD!) with our kid's commitments it's going to have to be summer. I want to go NOW! LOL! Oh well, there are worse problems to have;)

I'd love to see the pier runners in Cozumel:) Nice reason to pick a port, right?:p

as well as the official rules stated that the grand prize was a cruise for 4 in an ocean view cabin on the Carnival Magic

Folks they have to go on the Magic which will Homeport in Galveston. Meaning they have these choices:

Western - MoBay, GC and COZ

Eastern - Nassau, Freeport and Key West

Exotic Western - Belize, Roatan and COZ (starting in May 2012)

IMHO go in May to the Exotic Western as we already have a great Roll Call going!! :D

If I had to pick right now, I'd choose Roatan, Belize, Cozumel...but that means waiting until the kids are out of school next summer! The Magic won't even be in Galveston until November (I think) so unless we do Thanksgiving (not the best itinerary but I think JH will be the CD!) with our kid's commitments it's going to have to be summer. I want to go NOW! LOL! Oh well, there are worse problems to have;)

I'd love to see the pier runners in Cozumel:) Nice reason to pick a port, right?:p

Those ports are on the Dream western itinerary. The Dream is a wonderful ship. Embarkation and debarkation in Port Canaveral is very easy...the best IMHO.

If you go after Aug.6, Butch will be back from vacation and will be your CD. He is the best, IMHO and will make it a fun cruise for you. I like JH too but for a young family, Butch is more energetic and fun.

as well as the official rules stated that the grand prize was a cruise for 4 in an ocean view cabin on the Carnival Magic

Folks they have to go on the Magic which will Homeport in Galveston. Meaning they have these choices:

Western - MoBay, GC and COZ

Eastern - Nassau, Freeport and Key West

Exotic Western - Belize, Roatan and COZ (starting in May 2012)

IMHO go in May to the Exotic Western as we already have a great Roll Call going!! :D

I did know that..I goofed and clicked on the wrong ship..I clicked the Dream..instead of the Magic..when I saw this post I thought but that is one of the itineraries..then when I went back to see my error I realized what I did. OOPS..sorry.

I will say this then..I would not recommend the Nassau..Freeport..and Key West..I haven't been to Key West and would like to sometime..BUT..if I never go to Nassau or Freeport again I would be ok with that.

Thanks everyone:) I'm just so impressed with Carnival, I want everyone to know it! I'll probably write to JH on his blog so other carnival fans can know what a generous thing they did, with no publicity...you know? It was just a quiet little change that was huge for us and showed their attention to detail ;)

Archived