Epic Med Cruise Pictures

melody-s

Hi everyone -

I sorted through the pictures from our Epic Med cruise in late June and put together a little video. I know how much fun I had hearing about the cruise before we went, so sharing this so others can have the same fun.

The pictures are heavy on the ports, not so much focus on the ship. Full disclaimer is that I used a couple of stock pics to supplement the ones I took.

Here is my ship review - http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=85137

I know this is Cruise Critic, but would you mind providing a critique of your flights? I see you flew a British Airways 747. We're on the same type plane and airline from Phoenix to London. How was it? What cabin? How was the connection at Heathrow?

Thanks for posting your pics. We just made final payment today so this is getting very real.

We were in the World Traveler (economy) class on the flights. It was cramped seating and a full flight, as most flights are these days, but the seats were reasonably comfortable. There were little flaps on the headrests which helped when trying to rest and eliminated the need for a travel pillow. The entertainment was enough to pass the hours. The food was passable.

Heathrow airport was very nice. It it big, but the signage is clear and the staff was helpful. The Barcelona airport was smaller, and during the times we were there it was strangely empty. It was easy to find ATMs and the taxi's at the Barcelona airport.

Thank you so much for posting this. We are going next summer and I can't wait. Which company did you use for your tours? How were the crowds? In the pictures it doesn't look so bad. What was your favorite thing? Was there anything you would not recommend? There is just so much to see and do, we are having a hard time making decisions!

Thank you for posting your pictures, we're on this cruise in August and can't wait! I have to say I've never seen pictures of the pope's guards before - I would have imagined them to be in more sombre colours somehow.

Thank you so much for posting this. We are going next summer and I can't wait. Which company did you use for your tours? How were the crowds? In the pictures it doesn't look so bad. What was your favorite thing? Was there anything you would not recommend? There is just so much to see and do, we are having a hard time making decisions!

We used Rome in Limo for the tours. In general the crowds were light in the morning and very bad in the afternoon. The crowds in Florence were awful, so I would go there as early as possible. After going on the whirlwind tours my preference now would be to pick only two things each day in the Italy ports and go through them at a more leisurely pace.

The Vatican and Pompeii were our favorite places. Positano was our least favorite. If there are major sites you wish to see absolutely make reservations ahead, otherwise the lines can be excessively long.

Archived