Suite Questions Please!

CruisinFinsUp

Hi,

Just wondering about two things and hope someone can provide some help please! We are trying out our first suite this fall!

First, what is the difference in balcony size between the VS (Ruby Princess) on Dolphin deck and Emerald Deck please? From all the aft threads, I think I've figured out that the cabins themselves are the same, but the Emerald balcony is somewhat smaller. Is this right?

Second, there is a "DVD library" available. What type of films are there? Are there any "family"-friendly or children's movies? We've never missed not watching movies in the cabin, and I'm not expecting to actually use it much, but I'm afraid that if my kids see the dvd player they'll want to "try it out" for fun! If there isn't anything appropriate, I'll pack something just in case!

Thanks much!

The DVD library has lots of kids DVD's, as well as adult movies (adult, but not in the form of adult adult if you know what I mean ;) lol). They usually are not newly released, but they do offer childrens movies and animated movies.

A word of caution, the VS suites on Dolphin deck D105 or 106 have larger balconies, BUT they are almost forward facing and are very very windy. We had D106 on a cruise and they had to strap down the furniture every night because of the winds (and this was in tropical waters0

Great! Thanks!

I won't pack any dvd's for the kids! Hopefully they won't see the machine!:rolleyes:

We are looking only at the "aft" VS's so we don't have to worry about the wind - thanks for the tip though!

The aft VS suites on the Dolphin deck are very nice although you MAY have a beam that blocks part of the balcony. This is really a non-issue and the beam can actually be quite handy creating a wind block and a little extra shade.

There is a good selection of DVD's. You'll receive a list and then mark what you're interested in. Your steward will then bring you whatever is available. We enjoyed watching a movie some afternoons/evenings when we just wanted to "stay in". Since you can have a full lunch or dinner delivered to your cabin, this can be a nice option.

We've had a VS twice on the Golden, once on Emerald deck and once on Dolphin deck. The VS's balcony on Dolphin deck is definitely deeper. We had two full loungers with two small side tables and then a patio table with four chairs on Dolphin deck.

On the Emerald deck the patio table was of a smaller circumference and only had two chairs as opposed to four to compensate for the lack of depth on the balcony. Both cabins did have two sets of sliding doors, and one door was obstructed by a beam in the middle of the slider BUT that was a God send when I wanted to lay out on my lounger, I pulled the lounger behind the beam for shade sometimes! I absolutely love the VS's even more than the PS PH, et cet. Love having the corner afts.

Archived