Balcony question

crusing_guy

I assume you're referring to a Spirit Class ship? The balconies ar 2 feet deeper than the regular balcony...just a little more leg room. I don't really think you could put a lounge chair out there....unless, of course you can snag one of the "bowling alley balconies";) Those are really long...we had 2 lounges, 4 chairs and 2 tables!

They're hard to get, but you can check. They are the rooms on either side of the aft elevator on the Port side (7258 is one of them).;)

We had an extended balcony on the Miracle last year (cabin 8271) and it was the same depth as regular balconies but was twice as wide (or long if you prefer). There were 2 regular chairs & a chaise lounge & 2 little tables.

We had an extended balcony on the Miracle last year (cabin 8271) and it was the same depth as regular balconies but was twice as wide (or long if you prefer). There were 2 regular chairs & a chaise lounge & 2 little tables.

8271 is a suite (we had the one on the other side of the ship last year)...that's why it was wider (longer). But I think the OP is talking about the rooms classified as Extended Balconies (8J & 8K). Those are the same length as regulars...they are only as long as the cabins, which are all the same.;)

The reason the "bowling alley balconies are so long is because they also extend behind a crew storage room;)

I think I would call the extended balconies "deeper." In other words, as you stand at your balcony door and look straight out, there is a little more room from there to the railing on an "extended" balcony as compared to a "regular" balcony (Spirit class ships). We almost always get an extended balcony and love them. Next cruise, we have a "bowling alley" balcony.

Archived