Whats a good way to watch price drops?

I just noticed on the carnival pae that the proce dropped on the cruise I booked last week. I called in and sent them a screen shot of the price and they honored it. Woo Hoo saved $30 bucks overall, that is a few DOD's LOL. Anyhow is there a better way to watch rpice drops other than the site? Maybe something that sends you a email letting you know>?:rolleyes:

Just use the Carnival Fareviewer - that's the most accurate.
Except the fareviewer doesn't show military rates. So we have to be more "creative" and go to other sites that show *all* the rates.

I just noticed on the carnival pae that the proce dropped on the cruise I booked last week. I called in and sent them a screen shot of the price and they honored it. Woo Hoo saved $30 bucks overall, that is a few DOD's LOL. Anyhow is there a better way to watch rpice drops other than the site? Maybe something that sends you a email letting you know>?:rolleyes:

I read this board last week,,checked and I too just saved $40 clams.woo hoo

I just go in and do a fake booking a couple of time a day and submit the ES form. So far we've got $40 OBC from 2 price drops and I submitted another one today for an additional $80 drop.

I used Cruise Discount Genie- worked great- got emails when the price changed for a room in my category. Ended up saving some- $140 for 4 rooms.

We had a very good price to start- so wasn't expecting much. The very odd thing about the price change is that I found it before final payment- my PVP applied the change- the total due was reduced.

And then- the final morning on the cruise- I had a check under my door! Emailed PVP upon return- she said from what she could see- the taxes were also reduced and had apparently not been changed when she applied the price reduction. Small checks (additional $50 something- so the total was closer to $200 price reduction)- but still- made me happy!

http://www.cruisediscountgenie.com/

• 11 months later...
No. While the port fees may change (these are included in the fares you see with the fare viewer) I have never seen the taxes change so these are not worth monitoring.

I think that the question is:

Does the total price displayed have the taxes included?

• 4 weeks later...

I thought all along that my travel agent was checking this for me - apparently not! We sail off in 6 days, and I am trying to check the fares now, but keep getting this message "No rates available for your selections." Any ideas? Does that mean the categories are sold out?

Archived