PT Cabin advice for Sensation please

lbw

I'm looking for cabin for our nephew, his wife and 10 year old. They have not cruised before so are looking at a 3 day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. The porthole cabins at the bow seem to be a good value and some appear to be slightly larger than the other outside cabins on the deck plan. If you have stayed in one of these on Sensation or other ships in the same class, can you tell me if some are larger? Also, I have read about issues with smoke odor or noise in some of these cabins. Was that a problem? Do you have any other tips for selecting a cabin?

I'm looking for cabin for our nephew, his wife and 10 year old. They have not cruised before so are looking at a 3 day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. The porthole cabins at the bow seem to be a good value and some appear to be slightly larger than the other outside cabins on the deck plan. If you have stayed in one of these on Sensation or other ships in the same class, can you tell me if some are larger? Also, I have read about issues with smoke odor or noise in some of these cabins. Was that a problem? Do you have any other tips for selecting a cabin?

You are correct that some are bigger than others. We had m15, and our son had m11. His cabin was easily 25% larger than ours. There was enough floor space to break dance. I almost made him switch cabins because I paid for them both, but we were platinum and he wasn't and I didn't want to confuse the steward, etc. Plus, we don't spend much time there anyways. Those are great value and are our cabin of choice on Fantasy class ships. You will hear noise from the anchor at tendered ports, but you won't be at one of those. I don't think any part of the ship is smokier than others, just luck of the draw depending on who your neighbors are.

The PT cabins are a great value as you are paying for an Inside and getting a porthole view ... and yes, some of them are larger as well. However, you may want to check the deck plans. I believe the Fantasy Class (including Sensation) porthole cabins only hold two passengers.

in May we stayed in a porthole cabin on the sensation on the Main deck. Unfortunately, they way the air system works, it sucked in smoke non-stop from some other cabin. Other than that, we loved it. :D If you do not like walking though, it is further from the elevators.

Archived