whats the deal with coffee

First, I apologize. I know that this is a frequent question, but after reading the threads, etc. I'm just confused.

Is there a coffee pot/machine in the cabins on the Epic?

Also, is there a charge for the coffee shop? I've seen some say there is, but I saw a chart that had the fees for all dining, and the coffee shop was listed as "complimentary."

I love iced coffee, especially at sea, lol. So Im just trying to understand what my options will be. Thanks!

First, I apologize. I know that this is a frequent question, but after reading the threads, etc. I'm just confused.

Is there a coffee pot/machine in the cabins on the Epic?

Also, is there a charge for the coffee shop? I've seen some say there is, but I saw a chart that had the fees for all dining, and the coffee shop was listed as "complimentary."

I love iced coffee, especially at sea, lol. So Im just trying to understand what my options will be. Thanks!

There is a coffee pot. There is a coffee shop in the Atrium that has specialty coffees you pay for but also plain coffee in urns that is free, with condiments including cinnamon and cocoa. Plain coffee is also free in all dining venues but others such as espresso is extra....

Balcony cabins on up have a coffee machine (although I've seen a lot of people post that they prefer to get a pot from room service).

The coffee shop does charge for coffee. However regular coffee at the restaurants (including buffet) is free. There is a charge for cappuccino in those venues.

HTH

Ah, thanks for the info. My confusion is explained now, because the answer is "it depends." :)

So no coffee pot in inside cabins? I know what you mean about ordering coffee from room service, but that doesn't work too well if you want iced coffee.

Ah, thanks for the info. My confusion is explained now, because the answer is "it depends." :)

So no coffee pot in inside cabins? I know what you mean about ordering coffee from room service, but that doesn't work too well if you want iced coffee.

Order the pot, ask your steward for extra ice and an empty pitcher or pot...mix....enjoy :)

We are also iced coffee fans. I bring a bunch of paper coffee cups with lids (you can also use reusable ones). During the day I go and fill them with coffee and put them in the frig. Voila, iced coffee! You could also do the same thing with the room service coffee.

Believe it or not, in 6 cruises we have never gone to the Java Cafe (or its equal). I understand the specialty coffees (Mochas, lattes, etc.) are extra charge, but the drip coffee is free, right? How about the pastries in the Java Cafe?

Believe it or not, in 6 cruises we have never gone to the Java Cafe (or its equal). I understand the specialty coffees (Mochas, lattes, etc.) are extra charge, but the drip coffee is free, right? How about the pastries in the Java Cafe?

You pay for espresso drinks and pastries in the Java Cafe.

I paid for the brewed coffee I got on the Jewel in the Cafe (pretty cheap and delicious), and I have read on several threads that the pastries are actually free. BTW, they brew the cup for you fresh.

You pay for espresso drinks and pastries in the Java Cafe.

In my experience there has never been a charge for any of the pastries/muffins from the case although you do pay for the specialty coffees. That's over many ships in the last years.

Just curious what pastry they would have charged your for?

On Epic, you can sit down in the atrium with a complimentary regular coffee (with the toppings that Cubechick described) as well as complimentary pastry.

They put out the regular coffees on the side or you can purchase something fancier right there at the coffee bar.

I loved the specialty coffee on the Jewel - I would always go down and get 2 lattes in the morning, along with some pastries (the pastries were free, there was a charge for the lattes.) Just a word of caution, one morning I was juggling the lattes and the pastries while pushing an elevator button (my fault for carrying too much!) and I spilled one of the lattes on my arm. That was the HOTTEST Latte EVER! (And I LOVE hot lattes!) It burned my arm so badly that I still have a scar and that was 3 1/2 years ago. .... No... I didn't sue anyone - haha! :p

Balcony cabins on up have a coffee machine (although I've seen a lot of people post that they prefer to get a pot from room service).

The coffee shop does charge for coffee. However regular coffee at the restaurants (including buffet) is free. There is a charge for cappuccino in those venues.

HTH

There are coffee machines in the balcony cabins on the Pearl? If so I'm in heaven. I love, love, love to walk the decks with a cup of coffee looking for whale spouts when it is cold outside. To have my own coffee machine in my balcony room is just over the top.

There are coffee machines in the balcony cabins on the Pearl? If so I'm in heaven. I love, love, love to walk the decks with a cup of coffee looking for whale spouts when it is cold outside. To have my own coffee machine in my balcony room is just over the top.

Yes, I can confirm there are hotel, in-room style coffee makers in the balcony cabins. But, as others have said, the room service coffee tastes better.

Enjoy your cruise!

:eek:

Sorry, but that isn't iced coffee. Sure, it is going to be cold, and have ice. But it will be really weak. Think pouring normal strength hot tea over ice- that isn't the same as iced tea.

But thanks for your idea.

What if you let it cool down first?

We've booked a balcony cabin on Sun. If we wanted to bring along our favorite coffee blend from home and filters, what size/shape filters would I need to pick up at the shops? We have a cone filter maker at home.

Thanks!

We've booked a balcony cabin on Sun. If we wanted to bring along our favorite coffee blend from home and filters, what size/shape filters would I need to pick up at the shops? We have a cone filter maker at home.

Thanks!

I think they are the flat bottom kind of filter in those, not the cone filters. But I'm only guessing from the pictures of the rooms. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will answer.

A Mr. Coffee 4 cup filter would work fine. They are not the cone shaped filters and have a flat bottom. The 8-10 cup filters would be too big.

Correct, you can buy that size really cheaply at Target. I think I need to go on about 25 more cruises to use them up. Bring your coffee and make it for the AM or make it and ask the steward to save it ( not clean pot when cleaning room) and leave ice and cream for iced coffee later in the day. Yumm!

Archived