Crown & Anchor Society rule question

My husband and I each took some cruises before we met. When we joined our accounts together many years ago they had given each of us the sum total of cruise credits. So 2 for me + 3 for him = 5 credits for each of us. They told me that was how the program worked.

Today, after mysteriously losing points, I called the C&A desk and they are telling me that isn't how the program works. They say we should each have our own distinct numbers and that our status will be based on whoever has the most credits. So back when we joined the accounts, I should have had 2 and he should have had 3 and we would get status based on 3 credits.

Of course neither computation method matches what I am seeing on their website today.

Can anyone confirm how joining accounts is supposed to work?

My husband and I each took some cruises before we met. When we joined our accounts together many years ago they had given each of us the sum total of cruise credits. So 2 for me + 3 for him = 5 credits for each of us. They told me that was how the program worked.

Today, after mysteriously losing points, I called the C&A desk and they are telling me that isn't how the program works. They say we should each have our own distinct numbers and that our status will be based on whoever has the most credits. So back when we joined the accounts, I should have had 2 and he should have had 3 and we would get status based on 3 credits.

Of course neither computation method matches what I am seeing on their website today.

Can anyone confirm how joining accounts is supposed to work?

This hasn't happened to me but from what I've read and believe, the sums aren't the total points but the all direct family members get same status and points as the family member with most points once the family member receiving the C&A status has completed at least 1 cruise with RCCL

I don't know what the method was years ago but if that's what you were told and you actually joined the accounts, fight for the points you were given. Call and email RCCL for your points. Someone else on these boards had the issue that the cruise they were taking was after the points method was changed and they had booked a suite specifically for double points to make it into Diamond and with the new methods, they were a few points short of Diamond and after a few emails to RCCL, they recognized the issue and gave then the status of Diamond. So I would not give up on this and fight for those points.

This hasn't happened to me but from what I've read and believe, the sums aren't the total points but the all direct family members get same status and points as the family member with most points once the family member receiving the C&A status has completed at least 1 cruise with RCCL

This is my understanding as well.

I must say I'm surprised they caught up with it years after the fact.......... And that they made any changes to your C & A points.

When my wife and I got married, I had more cruise credits from the cruises I had taken before we started cruising together. This put me in the next C&A level above hers.

I was told by a Crown and Anchor rep that family members are elevated to the highest level in the family, so she was able to get the same level as me. Our credits weren't combined.

Never heard of combining credits either, but if if you have the email where they told you that I would fight for it, othewise it is he/she says, etc.

Like others, my wife and I had different cruise histories. After we married they brought her level up to mine, which was higher.

Hope for the best.

Have never heard of them combining totals on any cruiseline - it's how many cruise credits EACH has and whoever has the highest number, the other person gets the same status, but they never add the credits together. So, they were wrong in what they did initially, but within their rights to change it now. Having said that, I, too, am surprised they caught their error after so long, but you really don't have a leg to stand on IMO.

This happened back in the 1985-95 time range. So it was whatever the rules were back then that had been applied. (All the impacted cruises are the ones that show up as "November 05, 1970" in the cruise history.) They are now claiming the problem with our cruise points has nothing to do with joining the accounts way back when, but rather completely missing cruise history. Apparently they have absolutely no record of what the old cruises were, what the program rules were back then, or even what itineraries ships ran. The latest person I spoke with even claimed they weren't Royal Caribbean back then!

So now, in order to get my points back, I have to provide them proof that we were on each of our pre-1997 cruises AND how long the cruises were. They are telling me that they can only add back 3 points for old cruises unless I can prove they were longer. They don't have the information about how many days a 25 year old cruise was, but I'm supposed to have kept that????

Very frustrating. I should have known better than to call in the first place.

So now, in order to get my points back, I have to provide them proof that we were on each of our pre-1997 cruises AND how long the cruises were. They are telling me that they can only add back 3 points for old cruises unless I can prove they were longer. They don't have the information about how many days a 25 year old cruise was, but I'm supposed to have kept that????QUOTE]

My in-laws had a similar situation, where RCCL somehow had no record history of cruises that they taken. Thankfully, the cruises only dated back to the late 90's and they had kept their stateroom cards in an ongoing cruise-themed scrapbook. Once they provided a copy of the front of their stateroom cards, they got the cruises posted to their cruise history. The cruise line also would have accepted some other form of proof to show that they had been on the cruise -- like a cruise compass, receipts, a photo taken by the shipboard photographer that has the name of the ship/itinerary on it, etc. In your case, I can certainly see how you would have difficultly providing any of this since the cruise was sooooo long ago.

Have never heard of them combining totals on any cruiseline - it's how many cruise credits EACH has and whoever has the highest number, the other person gets the same status, but they never add the credits together. So, they were wrong in what they did initially, but within their rights to change it now. Having said that, I, too, am surprised they caught their error after so long, but you really don't have a leg to stand on IMO.

Geri your right..my DW has more points than I as we ran for D+ last year but since then we both are legit D+ but it was a lot of fun getting there and harder now...DAD;)

Archived