North Cape and Norwegian Fjords Detailed Trip Report (Photo heavy)

wickesy

Wickesy, your pictures are absolutely breathtaking! I really want to take this cruise now! I enjoyed your review so much

I hope your dad got his kindle and that you're enjoying your iPad.

Would you mind telling me what camera you used? I LOVE that zoom lens.

When you decide to cruise Alaska, also consider doing a land portion in the interior with the 7-day cruise. Princess has many options and lodges throughout the 49th state. The combinations are endless. Personally, I prefer to do the land portion first and then the cruise.

What type of camera did you use? If you did purchase it from QVC, I am a QVC fan. :D

I was watching the future cruise channel in our stateroom and the lodges did look great - definitely a consideration for when we do Alaska.

The camera is a Fuji F300 EXR and although it wasn't bought from QVC they have sold it in the past. I love watching their technology hours and as part of their camera sells they always do a wide shot, a maximum optical zoom shot and then a maximum digital zoom shot - the pictures I posted were my version of that. :D

I have been keeping trip logs since I was very young. Now they are priceless!;);)

I've been doing it since 2007 and although it started out with me doing them to post for other people to read I now do them just as much for myself. I did one for our Disney cruise round the Baltic which I then had turned into a book through http://www.blurb.com and it look great.

Wickesy, your pictures are absolutely breathtaking! I really want to take this cruise now! I enjoyed your review so much

I hope your dad got his kindle and that you're enjoying your iPad.

Would you mind telling me what camera you used? I LOVE that zoom lens.

Thank you. Yes Dad's Kindle was delivered the day after we got home - an addon to that story is that we have now found out from the card issuer that they believe his card has been 'compromised' at some point (even though there are no fraudulent transactions on it) so they have taken the step of cancelling the card and sending out a new one. I am loving my iPad and will be taking it to Disney with us in September to do my trip report rather than the netbook I have been using up to now.

The camera is a Fuji F300 EXR and was a Christmas present from my Dad. This was the first time I have used it and I am more than happy with the results. The zoom is great but it's really hard to take a decent photo at that magnification - one slight move and you lose sight of what you are trying to focus on!

Your photos are fantastic and you are to be congratulated. Not only are the colours and focus great but your angle and position from where you take the photos are well chosen.

I do have one question... What photo stitching software do you use? Your Panoramas are particularly outstanding and for the life of me I can't see the stitching points.

Keep up the great work, and your review was nice to read. It kind of makes me think I should be taking my daughters with us on our cruises. If only they would appreciate it as you obviously have.

Thanks for the review.

Great photos! I def know some of the bartenders who happened to be in your shots lol and also a waiter i was in love with was in your picture on baked alaska night haha was fun to see familiar faces! I was on the cruise right before yours, British isles!

Great review- particularly for me as I was on the same cruise and my review was nowhere near as detailed- nice to have an extra angle and see things that we sometimes missed.

Yep, It looks like Alaska is our next trip though cant see how we'll be able to afford it in 2012, so maybe 2013.

I totally agree.. on our Crown British Iles cruise, the Patter also had mistakes daily.

The worst offender was Wales spelled as Whales and the best 'Secrets to a fatter stomach" seminar instead of 'Secrets to a flatter stomach'. ! I cut that one out for my scrapbook :rolleyes:.

We had the same Whales "error" on our recent Ocean Princess trip that had some of the same ports. Interesting. If you had the entertainer from Wales, then, I'm guessing it's just part of his schtick for his show..........or there's a lot of copy and paste going on. Didn't notice the flatter/fatter stomach one, but that's a hoot!!

THANK YOU sooooooooooooooo much for all the beautiful photos/videos, patters and info, as well as your fun time on this cruise that you have shared with all of us. I hope you will keep all this info on this thread forever because I plan on keeping it in my Fav. files to enjoy reading many, MANY times in the future.:D:D:D

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

Your photos are fantastic and you are to be congratulated. Not only are the colours and focus great but your angle and position from where you take the photos are well chosen.

I do have one question... What photo stitching software do you use? Your Panoramas are particularly outstanding and for the life of me I can't see the stitching points.

Keep up the great work, and your review was nice to read. It kind of makes me think I should be taking my daughters with us on our cruises. If only they would appreciate it as you obviously have.

Thanks for the review.

Thank you. As I said I'm trying to do more than take 'holiday snaps' and it sounds like I'm getting the hang of it. There was no photo stitching software used though - all of the panorama shots were taken using the Panorama mode on the camera. Basically you choose a direction and number of degrees (120, 240, 360), press the shutter button and sweep the camera round in the specified direction leaving the camera to do the rest. I was really pleased with the way the panoramic pictures came out.

THANK YOU sooooooooooooooo much for all the beautiful photos/videos, patters and info, as well as your fun time on this cruise that you have shared with all of us. I hope you will keep all this info on this thread forever because I plan on keeping it in my Fav. files to enjoy reading many, MANY times in the future.:D:D:D

I won't be changing any of the links so as long as the Cruise Critic moderators leave this thread where it is you will be able to read it as many times as you like. Can I also say it's a great compliment that you would want to read it more than once. :)

DSCF0726.jpg

Thanks for a great report and all the photos. We were on the same cruise so it was fantastic to be able to see it all again and remember. In fact you can see my hubby's head in the background of this photo!

Archived