Assignment of cabin on guarantee?

dimiegirl

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if those who have booked guarantees could tell me how many days before the sailing does oceania assign a cabin to those who booked inside guarantees. I have been checking online and it still says "category F-inside" but no cabin number. Does oceania typically assign a certain number of days ahead or will they wait until the day of sailing? Thanks so much :)

It can happen at any time

We got our assigned cabin a few weeks after booking...it was 1 yr away from sailing

I would not worry.... you will be on the ship

what is your sailing date?

It can happen at any time

We got our assigned cabin a few weeks after booking...it was 1 yr away from sailing

I would not worry.... you will be on the ship

what is your sailing date?

Hi,

We are actually sailing in two weeks. I was starting to get a little nervous but maybe they wait until we board the ship. Thanks!:)

We're sailing in 2 weeks on Insignia and I noticed some time in the last week that we got our cabin assignment. It may have happened earlier, but I had been out of town and didn't check for a couple of weeks before.

I noticed on ours, when I click "already booked" and then "manage your trip" I see in the right hand column it says "category f inside" -- it used to say "category g" -- and then in the left hand column, it says "category f" and then lists the cabin number.

Hi,

We are actually sailing in two weeks. I was starting to get a little nervous but maybe they wait until we board the ship. Thanks!:)

If you have checked in already booked section & still showing GTY then get your TA (if you used one) to call and see where you stand on the list

Do your final documents still say GTY?

You may have to wait until you arrive at the port to be assigned

That is why I try not to book GTY cabins...I like to KNOW where I will sleep :D

Lyn

we leave on fri and have not got a cabin number yet. we were told we would not know until we board. this has always been the case for us and have never had any problems.

LHT28:

On Marina they will not let you book a cabin in C class. You can only book a guarantee. Understand they have so few the will not assign cabins.

Hope it means a free upgrade:D

I've got a C guarantee for December. I'd be happy with an upgrade, but happy with a C, too. As far as I can tell it's exactly the same as a B, but without the veranda. Do wonder if I'll get vertigo with those windows going all the way down to the floor. There are even fewer insides so I'm imagining that's why they weren't available when I booked.

LHT28:

On Marina they will not let you book a cabin in C class. You can only book a guarantee. Understand they have so few the will not assign cabins.

I did not know that

We enjoyed the B4 cat with the larger balcony but I would do the C if I could get one

Of course any cabin on Oceania would be good for me :D

Lyn

LHT28:

That must be a new policy; we booked a specific C cabin on Marina last spring for the cruise we just took. Great location!

We booked a G GTY for this November and have been assigned a B4 cabin. Does anyone know if that might change again? I don't want to get all excited about having a veranda if it might go away! They have posted a cabin number in the already booked section of O's site. Thanks for any info.

Shelly

We booked a G GTY for this November and have been assigned a B4 cabin. Does anyone know if that might change again?

Shelly

Probably not

But never say never;)

Enjoy the cruise

Hello everyone,

Just thought I would update you all. I just checked today and saw we were were given a category F cabin which is what we were guaranteed so no upgrade :( but at least we get to keep the midship location... good for motion sickness issues. :) :)

Archived