Surprise trip for Daughter - Conquest 6-26 - Lots of fun - Pictures & Review

texnewbie

Thank you so much for writing this review. It really was AMAZING! Everyday, since you started it, I came to CC looking to see the next part. It looked like the both of you had a wonderful time on your vacation. I am almost as sad as you are that it's over now, haha. The next time I cruise I'm going to make sure to take some notes so I can try to write a review that is at least half as good as yours. Thanks again for taking the time to let us all in and share your trip with you.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]I wanted to wait until you finished your review to post anything....[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]Great job![/COLOR][/FONT]

;)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]DW and I have sailed on Conquest three times and loved it each time. We've done the western itinerary twice and the eastern itinerary once (2010). Conquest is a beautiful ship and we'll miss sailing on her after she moves to NOLA. Of course, we're booked on her replacement, the Magic, in a few months. Hopefully my review will be as entertaining as yours. My other reviews of Conquest, posted on this site, are more "academic" in nature.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]DW and I did the Atlantis excursion booked through CCL and while we thought it was expensive, we truly enjoyed it. After "discovering" Atlantis on some Travel Channel show, it quickly occupied a spot on our bucket list. Imagine how cool it was for us to actually visit there! Even though it is VERY expensive, we [I]highly[/I] recommend it![/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]My favorite part of your review was all the photos! DW kids me about being such a shutterbug, as I tend to take MANY photos (and videos) of every trip we take. Several photos you posted, [I]especially[/I] those on the Lido Deck, evoked very specific memories, and made me want to book one more cruise on Conquest before we sail on the Magic.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]I hope we get a chance to sail with you and your family. We'd be thrilled to have yall (spelled correctly) as our table mates.[/COLOR][/FONT]

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I'm in the picture on the dock in front of the Harbor House Hotel as you were coming back into Galveston. I was with a rather large group who would be boarding later that afternoon, and two of us went to the dock in the morning to watch the Conquest come in.

Hi Carolyn,

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading about your trip with your beautiful daughter! I loved all the details and all the beautiful pictures!

I am taking my first cruise next year, on the Carnival Glory. It started out with me, my husband and our son (who will be 2.5 when we sail, he just turned 16 months old yesterday), along with my husband's aunt, uncle and cousin. But now my mom and niece will be going along too. My mom had some health problems last year and it is a miracle she lived through them, so she is going to celebrate the fact that she is still here with us. My niece, who will be 18 this year, never had a great relationship with her mom, and then her mom passed away this year. I have always been a mothertype figure to her, so I am so looking forward to going on this cruise and making some wonderful memories with her. Hopefully we will have as much fun as you and Rae!

[quote name='mattiecat']One of teh best reviews I have read... You did such a great job:p[/QUOTE]

And as my title as the unofficial VP of reviewing of all reviews, I would have to agree with this statement!!!
Good Job:cool:

I absolutely love reviews with lots of pictures...so thank you for doing such an awesome job. It made me remember all the great things about my cruises.

Loved the comments on your daughter, you touched my heart. I am taking my mother on our 3rd cruise (15-day Hawaii) in April of next year. As a thank you gift (that she didn't need to do-but I am thankful) she paid for all our excursion in Hawaii. We are both looking forward to relaxing and making many good memories.

Cindy

[quote name='missouri_chick']Thanks for taking the time to write such an awesome review.We are going on this iten next year and wasnt sure about Atlantis because of the price as well. It sure seems very expensive! I've heard it's cheaper to rent a hotel room and get all of the amenities with it so I'm still looking.I loved loved your pics,and what a beautiful daughter! Once again, Thank You!! Oh, I AM going to the straw market for sure!!! I NEED a few more purses!! haha:D[/quote].

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thank you so much for taking the time to read...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Please remember that we were there in June and again it maybe different at the time your going...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Straw Market - Yes more purses... and thank you for the sweet compliments...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Carolyn[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='WestTxCruiser'][SIZE=4]I'm with Tammy on the Atlantis thing, seems kind of expensive and after reading your review on it, hesistant to spend that much money.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Thanks for doing the review Carolyn, it is so much fun reliving it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I will be doing one when we return. 397 days!:eek:[/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Oh my gosh... 397 days away.... That seems like forever... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thank you for reading...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='hc14']what an amazing review! I looked forward to reading your posts everyday and now I'm sad that there are no more; can't wait to read more of your reviews in the future (:[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]I think my husband needs to send me on another cruise next week so I can write another review... I would diffently take more pictures of the ship then of Rae....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks for reading..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='GayleR']I'm sad your review is over. :( It was like being on vacation with you and Rae. Thanks for writing it.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thank you for joining us on our vacation - via our trip report...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks for reading....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]I don't know what I'm going to do with all my spare time... Hahahaha[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Cupcrazy']Thank you so much for writing this review. It really was AMAZING! Everyday, since you started it, I came to CC looking to see the next part. It looked like the both of you had a wonderful time on your vacation. I am almost as sad as you are that it's over now, haha. The next time I cruise I'm going to make sure to take some notes so I can try to write a review that is at least half as good as yours. Thanks again for taking the time to let us all in and share your trip with you.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]I kept a really good journal except for the last 2 days, I don't know what happen... I just forgot... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]I really had so much writing it... She's really funny to write about.. she's silly... and the places we went were so wonderful... That they were so easy to show off... Plus the ship is awesome..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks for the sweet words...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks for reading[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='tandemcruzr']Enjoyed your review and photos Texnewbie. Looking forward to your next adventure. :)[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Me tooo... Would you tell my husband to send me on another cruise...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks for reading.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Lefty Writer'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]I wanted to wait until you finished your review to post anything....[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]Great job![/COLOR][/FONT]

;)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]DW and I have sailed on Conquest three times and loved it each time. We've done the western itinerary twice and the eastern itinerary once (2010). Conquest is a beautiful ship and we'll miss sailing on her after she moves to NOLA. Of course, we're booked on her replacement, the Magic, in a few months. Hopefully my review will be as entertaining as yours. My other reviews of Conquest, posted on this site, are more "academic" in nature.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]DW and I did the Atlantis excursion booked through CCL and while we thought it was expensive, we truly enjoyed it. After "discovering" Atlantis on some Travel Channel show, it quickly occupied a spot on our bucket list. Imagine how cool it was for us to actually visit there! Even though it is VERY expensive, we [I]highly[/I] recommend it![/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]My favorite part of your review was all the photos! DW kids me about being such a shutterbug, as I tend to take MANY photos (and videos) of every trip we take. Several photos you posted, [I]especially[/I] those on the Lido Deck, evoked very specific memories, and made me want to book one more cruise on Conquest before we sail on the Magic.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]I hope we get a chance to sail with you and your family. We'd be thrilled to have yall (spelled correctly) as our table mates.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thanks for reading!!!!!!! I had so much fun writing it... I didn't realize that I would use all of my pictures but I almost did... I took nearly 1000 and I really didn't get lots of pictures of the ship... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Next time I'll so better...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]I told Charlie DH that we needed to go on Magic in January to the Eastern and give Atlantis a try again... When are you going on Magic? In Decemeber??? It will be neat to see it decorated for Christmas... Going where???[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Sailing with you guys would be fun...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks again for reading.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='dmet0225']If I'm not mistaken, I believe I'm in the picture on the dock in front of the Harbor House Hotel as you were coming back into Galveston. I was with a rather large group who would be boarding later that afternoon, and two of us went to the dock in the morning to watch the Conquest come in.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Oh that's to funny... I've been afraid that someone would say, hey that's me in your pictures on _______________ .. Becuse I didn't blur out everyone's faces... But that's really hard to do.... That is so awesome that you sailed right after us... I love that dock area... I still watch her come in every sunday on the webcam[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks for reading.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='TLC371']Hi Carolyn,

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading about your trip with your beautiful daughter! I loved all the details and all the beautiful pictures!

I am taking my first cruise next year, on the Carnival Glory. It started out with me, my husband and our son (who will be 2.5 when we sail, he just turned 16 months old yesterday), along with my husband's aunt, uncle and cousin. But now my mom and niece will be going along too. My mom had some health problems last year and it is a miracle she lived through them, so she is going to celebrate the fact that she is still here with us. My niece, who will be 18 this year, never had a great relationship with her mom, and then her mom passed away this year. I have always been a mothertype figure to her, so I am so looking forward to going on this cruise and making some wonderful memories with her. Hopefully we will have as much fun as you and Rae![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]You will make such wonderful memories... That is so awesome that your whole big group is going... Where are you sailing to? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Have lots of fun and take really great notes...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks for the sweet comments..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mattiecat']One of teh best reviews I have read... You did such a great job:p[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='4hunters']Awesome review! I've been reading it since the beginning. Thanks so much for taking the time to post it. :D[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thank you so much for taking the time to read it... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Cruise_Q']And as my title as the unofficial VP of reviewing of all reviews, I would have to agree with this statement!!!
Good Job:cool:[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I'm so sad it's over with.... 12 days!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Have fun...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for the wonderful review!!! We are going on the Conquest for the second time in Dec but are doing your itin in Mar on the Magic so I was interested in the ports. Do you think it is possible to hire a taxi van for 10 people and just tour around doing our own thing in either Freeport or Nassau?

Also, why didnt yall take the boy voyage decorations home? It would have been fun to hang them in Rae's room!

[quote name='Unknown Survivor']I absolutely love reviews with lots of pictures...so thank you for doing such an awesome job. It made me remember all the great things about my cruises.

Loved the comments on your daughter, you touched my heart. I am taking my mother on our 3rd cruise (15-day Hawaii) in April of next year. As a thank you gift (that she didn't need to do-but I am thankful) she paid for all our excursion in Hawaii. We are both looking forward to relaxing and making many good memories.

Cindy[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Cindy!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thank you for reading... Thank you for the sweet words, Can I go with you on your hawaii cruise... That's one I really want to do... 15 days on a cruise - SWEET!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thank you again for reading, I'm so sad it's over with.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='karenh1127']Thanks for the wonderful review!!! We are going on the Conquest for the second time in Dec but are doing your itin in Mar on the Magic so I was interested in the ports. Do you think it is possible to hire a taxi van for 10 people and just tour around doing our own thing in either Freeport or Nassau?

Also, why didnt yall take the boy voyage decorations home? It would have been fun to hang them in Rae's room![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]I'm sure you could... Expecially in Nassau... That would be lots of fun... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]I took lots of the decorations home with me to use in her Scrapbook... I just didn't take the big piece home... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks you for reading...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Magic is getting really full for this winter... It's going to be an awesome ship. I can't wait to see it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks again[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='ContingentSea']All I can say is...Awesome review! It felt like being there![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thank you for the sweet compliement... I glad you enjoyed it...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]Thanks [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Okay, I missed it! What is the connection with the young man with really bleached blonde hair and when he spotted Rae he yelled "Jackpot""?:confused:

Thanks!;)

He had just spotted her on the ship and yelled "Jackpot" I'm thinking because he thought she was fabulous... That's my guess...

I have debated on posting this or not, because it gives you a little information about my heart... :( But everyone has been so nice that I thought I would share it... It's nothing bad... but it's just the reason for these trips that I do with my daughter.

I don't have a really great relationship with my mother. I have 2 brothers, 1 older by 5 years and 1 younger by 12 years... That she just adores... and I'm just her daughter... Both of my brothers really need her all the time. My older brother took over the family business and the business was something that my parents started so she's very proud of the way that my brother has done things... My little brother and his wife live with my mother and take care of her and she relies on them for everything and they on her... Plus my little brother is her baby...

My father has been gone for 7 years and I was his princess... and since he's been gone my mother just stays depressed all the time..... It's really hard for me to understand how she can be so depressed because for me it seems like a choice... You can choose to make it a good day or not and as you know I'm a very positive person, my cup is running over... ;) :D and everyday it's a great day for me...

Now as you know in all stories there is lots more to this story then the little information that I've given you but the point is to know that I don't have a relationship with my mother...

So, for me it is very important that I continue to build a relationship with Rae where ever or how ever I can... Now I'm still the parent and she knows that... But we are also best of friends... She does see how my mother treats me and she doesn't understand how someone can be so hateful to me...

Now this is a really huge hole in my heart but the most awesome thing about it is that I can change the pattern and have the most awesome relationship with Rae which is what I continue to do...

Plus I have the best relationship with both of my boys... I am so blessed.... It's just reallly important to me that I continue to work on all of my relationships and make them the most important thing in my life....

Now enough of this...

More to come...

Carolyn

I have never met you but from reading your review I think you seem like the sweetest person!! I want to come to Texas and hang out. My daughter is two and as I read your review I hope to do the same from my DD someday. You write great reviews.

I have really loved your review. It was so sweet, how you and your daughter got along. Cruises are just a wonderful way for families to enjoy time together.

I hope that in 20 years it will be her turn to take you on a cruise with her family. Bewtween now and then. I will look forward to all your future reviews.

Oh by the way, I am a Texan too!

I have never met you but from reading your review I think you seem like the sweetest person!! I want to come to Texas and hang out. My daughter is two and as I read your review I hope to do the same from my DD someday. You write great reviews.

Come on down.... I would love to hang out... Rae loves little kids and we could take her to the pool and swim all day long....

Thank you for reading...

Carolyn

Archived