Just on the Summit July 3rd with kids

rhkspk

Pretty amazed that all my previous comments about this thread have been deleted. I guess this isn't a "free country".

Roe2Ship are you going on July 24th? If so can you save me 3 chairs...?

I never accused people from a particular state, never. I said it was the worst I have seen it. You took it how you wanted to. I take everything back. There were no chair hogs at all. There weren't 40 towels out at 7 am and we didn't even have to shuttle 500 feet to the ship! I guess I won't be giving any cruise reviews because god forbid I tell the truth and it upsets people. Yes Bayonne is the absolute BEST cruise port in the world. There you go.........

I never accused people from a particular state, never. I said it was the worst I have seen it. You took it how you wanted to. I take everything back. There were no chair hogs at all. There weren't 40 towels out at 7 am and we didn't even have to shuttle 500 feet to the ship! I guess I won't be giving any cruise reviews because god forbid I tell the truth and it upsets people. Yes Bayonne is the absolute BEST cruise port in the world. There you go.........

Thank you for the correction....

I have a question about the pool(s). Are kids allowed to use any pool on the Summit and does anyone know how many there are? We are thinking about cruising next July with a 16, 14, 12, 9 and 7 year old.

THanks

The T-pool allows 16 years of age and older.

As stated the two outdoor pools are for use for everyone. The closer one (in the picture above) is shallow compared to the other. The deeper pool starts at about 5 feet.

We just got off the Summit yesterday. Loved the crew, food, service. But I agree the "chair hogs" were in full force. Many people saving chairs were doing so for large families, saving 7-8 chairs at a time. I am a very early riser and would be on deck around 7 to read as to not wake my DH. By 8-8:30 nearly all chairs were filled with personal belongings with only about 10% having a person in them.

One sea day a man was saving 4 chairs in the sun and 4 in the shade for his family. I asked to sit in one of the chairs until one of his family members needed it. I was there all day.

Otherwise, the shipped seemed emty. There was always sitting availabitity in the Wave Bar (aft), Martini bar, Cova Cafe, and Theater.

Otherwise, the shipped seemed emty. There was always sitting availabitity in the Wave Bar (aft), Martini bar, Cova Cafe, and Theater.

I found the ship feeling "empty" also when we were there! lol Always found a seat in the theatre and Martini bar and Cova Cafe very open.

Pool area was the only area that seemed to have "people"!

You asked if we had any questions, well, guess what? I do! Which side does the ship dock on - the port side or the starboard side? I am getting ready to book this cruise and want to be on the side where I can see the dock and what is going on and not just the water. The last few cruises we've been on the wrong side to sit on our balcony and "people watch".

Thanks in advance.

You asked if we had any questions, well, guess what? I do! Which side does the ship dock on - the port side or the starboard side? I am getting ready to book this cruise and want to be on the side where I can see the dock and what is going on and not just the water. The last few cruises we've been on the wrong side to sit on our balcony and "people watch".

Thanks in advance.

I have heard that it changes. But on our cruise 10-17 July we were docked on starboard.

I have heard that it changes. But on our cruise 10-17 July we were docked on starboard.

Thanks. I saw some pictures (don't know the date) where it was docked starboard also. Guess I'll tell my TA starboard and hope for the best. :)

Just one question, Did it cost any extra for the Brunch or was that included. Was the food any different than the main restaurant or the Lido Buffet. I'm sorry about the chair hogs and I'm glad that you all had a nice time, George

Just one question, Did it cost any extra for the Brunch or was that included. Was the food any different than the main restaurant or the Lido Buffet. I'm sorry about the chair hogs and I'm glad that you all had a nice time, George

We went to the Brunch on the Eclipse. It was fantastic. There were many stations with a lot of different food. Of course, I love shrimp, and there was a lot of cold shrimp. ;) Well worth the time to go, in my opinion.

Judy

The Brunch on Saturday was included. The food was fabulous and DIFFERENT. (that's why it was fabulous. lol - I'm the one who wasn't "wow'ed" by the regular food in the MDR. ;))

I was disappointed it was held the same day as the Afternoon Tea at Normandie, as I would have gone to that, too. (but that WAS an extra cost, and we were too full from Brunch - and FINALLY enjoyed a sunny day at the pool!)

Thank you Judy and Singingmom. Maybe we'll book the Summit next year or so. I'm glad that the brunch is included and we'll try it. I'm sorry that the MDR wasn't as good as you expected. I think that all lines have cut out great food. We went on Carnival and the food in the MDR and lido buffet was just fair. I won't sail on CCL ever again. Wer'e going on Royal Caribbean this coming November and I hope that the food will be better than Carnival or just as good as Celebrity or HAL. Stay cool and have a great weekend everyone, George

Archived