Entertainment Currently on the Gem

C&F

We are thinking of booking the Gem to Bermuda in the next few weeks. I'm curious to know from anybody who was just recently on the Gem about the entertainment, specifically the musicians. We sailed on the Gem a few years ago and there was a great pop cover band, Prizm. Is there some kind of band like this on the Gem now? Not just the pool band. These guys were in addition to the pool band.

Also, is there a guitarist that plays contemporary music on the ship. We had the pleasure of having Randon on the Gem with us. I believe he is no longer on the Gem, but I think I heard of a Leo playing guitar.

Live music entertainment is very big to us. We had an AMAZING time on the Celebrity Summit with lots of good friends in April, but we avoided booking the Bermuda cruise on her because we felt NCL had better live music options. It didn't really affect our Summit cruise as we were with so many people, but we are going alone this time, so it's more important this time.

We are thinking of booking the Gem to Bermuda in the next few weeks. I'm curious to know from anybody who was just recently on the Gem about the entertainment, specifically the musicians. We sailed on the Gem a few years ago and there was a great pop cover band, Prizm. Is there some kind of band like this on the Gem now? Not just the pool band. These guys were in addition to the pool band.

Also, is there a guitarist that plays contemporary music on the ship. We had the pleasure of having Randon on the Gem with us. I believe he is no longer on the Gem, but I think I heard of a Leo playing guitar.

Live music entertainment is very big to us. We had an AMAZING time on the Celebrity Summit with lots of good friends in April, but we avoided booking the Bermuda cruise on her because we felt NCL had better live music options. It didn't really affect our Summit cruise as we were with so many people, but we are going alone this time, so it's more important this time.

Just off the Gem 7/3. The "pop" band (Backstage) was leaving for the Jewel when we got back, too bad. They were really good, the guitarist fantastic. No mention as to who was taking their place. There was a folk guitarist in the Magnum each night who was pretty good also.

I've heard are the best at sea! Since i'm an Ex-Guitarist/Sp. Ed. Music teacher hearing live music is important to me, esp. since i missed several good concerts this summer to do the Gem on 10/30...

BTW C&F: where in the BX?? (i'm orig. from Allerton av.. & went to P41, J135 & Cadumbus (I mean columbus!) ;-)

Bill(DrFootball)

Archived