Hawaii last day question...

ken987

Hi

We are on the Century Nov. 1 cruise. It says 10 days but Day 1 we actually leave 1 minute before midnight. On the 10th we get to Honolulu and stay over night. So on day 2 in Honolulu do we have to disembark super early like normal? Or do we get to enjoy the bulk of that day? The ship leaves for Tahiti at 11pm that night.

Obviously I will be out and about that day, but I am asking so I know how to deal with the luggage situation.

Thanks in advance.

My gut tells me you have to get off early like any cruise. We did an Infinity cruise to Hawaii in 2004 - 5 days over and 5 or 6 on the islands and we ended in Honolulu. We had to get off in the morning because it was sailing back to San Diego that evening. But our plane didn't leave till 10 at night. We had rented a car so we stowed our luggage in the car and just hung around Honolulu that day. It was Thanksgiving Day so we had dinner (at a Chinese place) and shopped -- amazing everything was open like it was a regular day. I missed turkey and dressing but no one at home was feeling sorry for me when I told them I missed it ;);)

There may be some kind of baggage transfer deal -- hey, it's Hawaii, you get to spend an extra day there! We met several people on the ship that were staying awhile. We weren't able to do that unfortunately. That turned out to be an expensive cruise for us as we were forced to rent a beautiful home on the north shore of Kauai for a week a couple years later, just to see if it was as amazing as we had remembered from the one day there! :D I don't think they even go to Kauai anymore on the cruise which is sad, because that's one fabulous island.

Hi

We are on the Century Nov. 1 cruise. It says 10 days but Day 1 we actually leave 1 minute before midnight. On the 10th we get to Honolulu and stay over night. So on day 2 in Honolulu do we have to disembark super early like normal? Or do we get to enjoy the bulk of that day? The ship leaves for Tahiti at 11pm that night.

Obviously I will be out and about that day, but I am asking so I know how to deal with the luggage situation.

Thanks in advance.

Day one of your cruise is actually a full day if you board at the usual time, before noon. It doesn't matter what time the ship leaves. Day one is the first day of your cruise.

As for the last morning, of course you won't be allowed to stay on board for the bulk of that day. Just like you wanted to board the ship as early as possible to start your cruise, there will be those who want to get on board as early as they can to start theirs. And, the last day of any cruise is not part of the 7 or 10 or 14 day cruise that you take. So, everyone from your cruise will be off around 10 am or sooner. And you will do the same routine the night before, like putting out your luggage, like you do for any other cruise.

My gut tells me you have to get off early like any cruise. We did an Infinity cruise to Hawaii in 2004 - 5 days over and 5 or 6 on the islands and we ended in Honolulu. We had to get off in the morning because it was sailing back to San Diego that evening. But our plane didn't leave till 10 at night. We had rented a car so we stowed our luggage in the car and just hung around Honolulu that day. It was Thanksgiving Day so we had dinner (at a Chinese place) and shopped -- amazing everything was open like it was a regular day. I missed turkey and dressing but no one at home was feeling sorry for me when I told them I missed it ;);)

There may be some kind of baggage transfer deal -- hey, it's Hawaii, you get to spend an extra day there! We met several people on the ship that were staying awhile. We weren't able to do that unfortunately. That turned out to be an expensive cruise for us as we were forced to rent a beautiful home on the north shore of Kauai for a week a couple years later, just to see if it was as amazing as we had remembered from the one day there! :D I don't think they even go to Kauai anymore on the cruise which is sad, because that's one fabulous island.

Thanks Claudia for your kind response. I will go ahead and book a room and fly home on a red eye out the next evening. Then I will be home by Sunday and motivate myself to somehow return to work on Monday.

We did the Hawaii run in 2010 and had the overnight in Honolulu as well. We also had a late night flight back. However, when we got off the ship around 9:30 - 10 am we were able to leave our luggage at the port (they had it all set up for this) and then we headed off to see the city and spent time at Waikiki beach. When we were ready (well how can you ever be ready) we headed back to the port picked up our luggage and grabbed a cab to the airport.

It was well organized and worked out fine.

Archived