Fort Lauderdale Port to Miami Airport

Blue Skies

A few years ago we took a local bus from Fort Lauderdale Port to Miami airport at very little cost, unfortunately I did not take the details of the bus and I am having difficulty researching, now we need the transfer again (on a Sunday) anyone with suggestions? Our flight is not till 5.00pm so we should have plenty of time. We tend not to take the ships transfer but we never say never!! We may opt to share a taxi if there is someone to share but we are not sure of the cost of taxis or ships transfer for this route,. Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

A few years ago we took a local bus from Fort Lauderdale Port to Miami airport at very little cost, unfortunately I did not take the details of the bus and I am having difficulty researching, now we need the transfer again (on a Sunday) anyone with suggestions? Our flight is not till 5.00pm so we should have plenty of time. We tend not to take the ships transfer but we never say never!! We may opt to share a taxi if there is someone to share but we are not sure of the cost of taxis or ships transfer for this route,. Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

Having such a late flight, how about renting a car for the day. Since luggage cannot be checked in more than three to five hours pre-flight, you can do a little touring, grab a bite, and drive yourselves to the airport when ready. Depending on the company, most rental cars can be picked up in one city and dropped off in another city in FL with no fees.

Google a company called SAS Transportation based in Ft. Lauderdale. Reliable and reasonable.

I believe SAS only goes from FLL (the airport) to Miami (the city) and back to FLL, they don't go from Ft. Lauderdale (the city) to MIA (the airport). Some kind of zoning laws.

If ridesas.com doesn't do it then try Alan at acetoursinc.com. I know he does because I've used him already to go from POM to FLL

I've used SAS for this route too. I think they can't pickup and drop off in Miami on the same trip. Send them an email at ridesas.com and ask.. They are excellent and very reasonable. I'll use them whenever I can.

I've rented a car from FLL to the city of Miami (our hotel had a drop off site) and then from MIA (that is the port location) to FLL. We didn't have a drop off fee either way and it was nice to have some time to spend in the area.

It says right on the SAS website that they go from the Fort Lauderdale port to the Miami Airport:

Port Everglades to the Miami Airport and Port of Miami (6 passenger minimum)

Per Passenger $15 ea

That's what I thought. They can't go between Miami locations but as long as they either start or end in Ft. Lauderdale, they can do it.

Thank you for all your tips, SAS is looking like a good deal.

1. I assume I would have to find six persons in total before I would book with them?

2. Are there any taxi shuttles at the pier that we could join on the day as we disembark?

3. Did the Celebrity transfer go straight to the Airport or stop at a mall on the way?

I am always grateful for all the responses on this site.

Info from SAS site:

Shuttle Rates

We are a Fort Lauderdale based company and because of Permit Restrictions we cannot offer Miami to Miami Trips*

FLL Airport and FLL Airport area hotels to the Port of Miami

1-3 passengers $15 ea

4+ passengers $13 ea

*Rates above include drop off only to hotels located on Miami Beach, South Beach or the downtown Miami areas.*

FLL Airport hotel pick ups begin at 11:00 AM

FLL Airport to Miami Airport area hotels

All Passengers $15 ea

*Miami Airport hotel requests are a 3 passenger minimum for pricing*

Port of Miami to the FLL Airport and FLL Airport area hotels

1-3 passengers $15 ea

4+ passengers $13 ea

FLL Airport to and from Port Everglades (6 passenger minimum)

Each Passenger $8 ea

Port Everglades to the Miami Airport and Port of Miami (6 passenger minimum)

Per Passenger $15 ea

Infants do not get charged

Arrivals after 3:00 PM are charged a 3 passenger minimum

We do not offer pick ups from the Miami Airport or Miami hotels

Requests for arrivals after 8:00 PM will not be accepted

Due to the increasing cost of Fuel there will be a minimum number of passengers required before a van will depart to be determined by SAS and its management.

For Pricing or Reservations kindly use our Reservation Request Form

*due to Permit Restrictions all of our trips either have to begin in Ft. Lauderdale or be going

from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale.

*Guess they do NOT pick up at Miami Airport for shuttle to Fort Lauderdale.

Archived